Anyone built a trailer blind?

cm1021

My dad and I are looking at building a blind on a trailer so it will be mobile. We lease different properties to farm in the area, so farms are coming and going all the time. Instead of making them permanent and having to leave them of we lose the farm, we come up with the trailer idea.

Any input from those who've do r ot would be appreciated! Looking at 6x6s for the legs, it's just figuring out how I'm gonna attach it to the trailer I'm really racking my brain over.

44 mag

I have thought about it as well. I was going to do something like a wood floor 6x8 trailer with folding boat jacks on all four corners to level it. Then just build the walls and roof. It would be more like a ground blind on a trailer.

I don't see a way to eliminate it any and still keep it mobile.

backyardtndeer

I have thought about it as well. I was going to do something like a wood floor 6x8 trailer with folding boat jacks on all four corners to level it. Then just build the walls and roof. It would be more like a ground blind on a trailer.

I don't see a way to eliminate it any and still keep it mobile.
Hinge the legs on one side, front or back so that it can lay down for transportation. Then when it's where it needs to be raise it back up on the hinges and pin the loose side down.

FTG-05

My dad and I are looking at building a blind on a trailer so it will be mobile. We lease different properties to farm in the area, so farms are coming and going all the time. Instead of making them permanent and having to leave them of we lose the farm, we come up with the trailer idea.

Any input from those who've do r ot would be appreciated! Looking at 6x6s for the legs, it's just figuring out how I'm gonna attach it to the trailer I'm really racking my brain over.
That's actually a pretty good reason for making a blind mobile. đź‘Ť

hammer33

I did what you are talking about. My .02. Dont make the blind out of roofing metal. It will resonate like a bass drum with every little movement. Make sure you have 360' of windows so when you move it, no blind spots. Buy those cheap crank up trailer jacks and put them on each corner of the trailer. Get it in position, then jack the tires off the ground and level it. I used ratchet straps to hold the blind down on the trailer. The legs are only 4' tall so the bottom of the blind is about 6' off the ground making the roof about 11' 6" off the ground. Keep this in mind when trailering under branches and bridges. Keep in mind getting in and out so you might want to position the blind toward the front of the trailer and have the door and steps to the back. This will keep the weight toward the tongue so you can still trailer it safely. Call around to some vinyl siding installers and ask if you can dumpster/trailer dive a tear off. I got enough free siding to do 2 big sheds. It will water proof your blind and is pretty light weight. If you are putting it somewhere with high winds like in the middle of a field, get a couple mobile home tie downs and strap it to the ground. Paint any exposed wood to make it last longer. Put one of those no pest strips in the blind during the warm months to keep vermin and wasps from taking up residence.

Latest posts