Anyone have a newer Remington BDL?

rem270

Found one for a decent price and considered buying it. Chambered in 30-06. Supposedly just a few months old and never shot. I love the 90's and early 2000 Remington's but just curious how the newer BDL is if anyone has any opinions on it.

clwg97

2-Step Enabled
I have a 2011 30-06. I love the wood stocks with the black cap. I wanted one for a while before I found this one. It works well. If you pick it up and don't like it I am sure you can find someone here to take it off your hands.

rem270

I have a 2011 30-06. I love the wood stocks with the black cap. I wanted one for a while before I found this one. It works well. If you pick it up and don't like it I am sure you can find someone here to take it off your hands.
Thanks for the input. He was asking $800 but said make offer, I offered $500, he said $600 so I'm still pondering

TNRifleman

Thanks for the input. He was asking $800 but said make offer, I offered $500, he said $600 so I'm still pondering
Man, it's a crapshoot with Remington's in the past few years. If your really wanting a 30-06, I would spend the extra $50-$100 and pick up a Bergara B14 Hunter in 30-06. Will be a shooter for sure and it comes with the BDL style bottom metal. The stock is also pillar bedded. It is a 700 action clone so everything for a 700 will fit it, including stocks, triggers, scope bases etc.

Hunter 257W

I have a 2010 CDL stainless flutted 700. It shoots both loads I've tried in .6 moa consistently. I did glass bed it as soon as i bought it so don't know how it might have shot right out of the box. That is all I've done other than adjust the trigger a bit lighter. It's held it's point of impact through all those years too. I've killed a bunch of deer between 300 and 400 yards and love the rifle. It's my number one big field deer gun.

I see some people have weird troubles with recent Remingtons but some of those same people tend to have weird problem with a lot of things so I'm not so sure the gun is the whole issue.

Remington700

I would do it. Although the newer Remingtons had issues. I have a few and all are good rifles. Every brand has a lemon. The Remington 700 in 30-06 is the original deer slayer bolt action.

Latest posts