Anyone been to wyoming for muledeer or antelope?

chip

Anyone been to Wyoming for Muledeer or Antelope ? I am planning to go in 2011 bought our preference points last week, just wondering any tips would help.Eastmans hunting Journal has helped a bunch, but any other advice would be great thanks.

bf4cm28

Been out there hunting mule deer several times biggest thing is getting access to land! A lot of public but it blocked with private. Get good maps and find the entrances sometimes nothing more than a gate. Look for green fields they will come in by the hundreds Good Luck!

chip

six of us total going mule deer and antelope 2011 come hell or highwater!! Just have to decide what part of that huge state to start in

Sako

I have been out there for antelope and Elk. Mule deer in MT... the best adice I can give you is to do what ever it takes to go...

Dean Parisian

Pamelot, TN Ghost Ranc MT San Jose del Cabo, MX
I believe that people do whatever they want to do and over time they get out of life or out of hunting what they want to get out of it. I also believe that over time, investors get out of the stock market what they want to get out of it. As a professional investor I have seen that so many times I cast that statement in stone. If guys or gals want to spend the money to hunt they will. In fact, if you want to kill big bucks in a big way most serious hunters will find a way to obtain access and hunt big bucks. Killing a big buck sometimes is a state of mind.

Here is something that says it much better. Believe it.

George Bernard Shaw said, "People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, they make them."

Well, it's pretty apparent, isn't it? And every person who discovered this believed (for a while) that he was the first one to work it out. We become what we think about.

Conversely, the person who has no goal, who doesn't know where he's going, and whose thoughts must therefore be thoughts of confusion, anxiety and worry - his life becomes one of frustration, fear, anxiety and worry. And if he thinks about nothing... he becomes nothing.

How does it work? Why do we become what we think about? Well, I'll tell you how it works, as far as we know. To do this, I want to tell you about a situation that parallels the human mind.

Suppose a farmer has some land, and it's good, fertile land. The land gives the farmer a choice; he may plant in that land whatever he chooses. The land doesn't care. It's up to the farmer to make the decision.

We're comparing the human mind with the land because the mind, like the land, doesn't care what you plant in it. It will return what you plant, but it doesn't care what you plant.

Now, let's say that the farmer has two seeds in his hand- one is a seed of corn, the other is nightshade, a deadly poison. He digs two little holes in the earth and he plants both seeds-one corn, the other nightshade. He covers up the holes, waters and takes care of the land...and what will happen? Invariably, the land will return what was planted.

As it's written in the Bible, "As ye sow, so shall ye reap."

Remember the land doesn't care. It will return poison in just as wonderful abundance as it will corn. So up come the two plants - one corn, one poison.

The human mind is far more fertile, far more incredible and mysterious than the land, but it works the same way. It doesn't care what we plant...success...or failure. A concrete, worthwhile goal...or confusion, misunderstanding, fear, anxiety and so on. But what we plant must return to us.

You see, the human mind is the last great unexplored continent on earth. It contains riches beyond our wildest dreams. It will return anything we want to plant.

Dean Parisian

Pamelot, TN Ghost Ranc MT San Jose del Cabo, MX
You might want to head to the Wyoming Game Fish website and start calling some Conservation Officers. Get some names of ranchers with big acreage and hopefully plenty of BLM land. Figure out access and if you are going to hunt public or private ground and call around and get the local pricing levels for a combination hunt. It takes some work but if you DIY you just have to get it done. Or join Carters hunting service and let them do it for you at Huntin Fool.

Latest posts