Anybody ever corn their own beef?

jb3

Yeah, that's the place. The chef, Willy Thomas owns both of them. He bought "Eastland Cafe" a while back. It used to be called "Chapel Bistro" and had pretty good food. Had chicken marsalsa w/black pepper ling that was crazy good. Wife and I visited Eastland about 3-4 months ago and had a real good dinner. They serve their calamari with a sweet relish, kinda like a chow-chow that gives it a different flavor and is really good. If you ever do visit either place, be sure to get the green-chili mac-n-cheese. It is a creamy goodness.

green doe

Okay...you guys are teeing me off taking my thread and hijacking it.

But only because you are talking of all these good places to eat that are too far for me to go to.

:D

Seriously, I'm really hungry.

jb3

Every Christmas one of our reps has danish kringles from the O+H Bakery in Racine. We usually get two or three and they do not last long.

Hawk

Green doe...........There is not a place listed that does not have great food. The green-chili mack-chesse from Park Cafe will feed more than one person.
Since we are talking mostly about Sylvan Park area McCabe's can't be left off the list and for a great honkey tonk cheese burger Betty's Bar & Grill just of Charlotte at 50th. street is hard to beat. It is within walking distance of my son's place on Nevada.

jb3

To change the subject again, what place is your son's? For my bachelor party, we played golf at McCabe, went back to my house for 10 lbs of wings from Betty's someone picked up, etc...

Use to stop by every now and then when Betty's was the Trolley.

JimFromTN

Don't forget Sylvan Park for a meat and 3. I like it better than Wendells. Arnolds is my favorite meat and 3. I go to Browns for my honky tonk greasy cheese burgers. I had always heard of the Trolley but never went there. I have not been to Betty's either.

Green Doe, anytime you are in the area and you want to know where to go, just let us know what you are in the mood for and we'll send you to the right place.

green doe

jb3 said:
Every Christmas one of our reps has danish kringles from the O+H Bakery in Racine. We usually get two or three and they do not last long.
They are good!

green doe

JimFromTN said:
Don't forget Sylvan Park for a meat and 3. I like it better than Wendells. Arnolds is my favorite meat and 3. I go to Browns for my honky tonk greasy cheese burgers.

What's a meat and 3? What's a honky tonk cheese burger? What am I missing out on?

JimFromTN said:
Green Doe, anytime you are in the area and you want to know where to go, just let us know what you are in the mood for and we'll send you to the right place.

Why, thank you sir! I don't doubt y'all can set me on a tour of TN eats.

jb3

Meat and 3 is your choice of one of the meats of the day, meatloaf,lasagna,chicken,etc... and a choice of 3 veggies (there's usually a list of 6-10 at most places). I usually only pick 2 vegs and if there's room, maybe a slice of pie.

Brown's diner is a dive and they serve a pretty good burger, actually had one last week.

JimFromTN

Both meat and 3's and honky tonk type cheeseburger places are usually hole in the wall/dive type places. A clean well kept meat and 3 is never a good sign. It takes away from the traditional atmosphere of a meat and 3. Meat and 3's typically serve good artery clogging southern food. Even their green vegatables are high in fat. On any given day that you go to Arnold's, you might see judges, politicians, or old country music stars that you did not realize were still alive.

Honky tonk just means dive bar. Browns is a dive bar that has live music on the weekends (typically bluegrass) and good burgers. Again, clean and well kept is not a good sign for a dive bar either. It destroys the atmosphere.

Latest posts