Any Trap Collectors Here?

DC551

I ran traplines for a long time back in the day but am getting a bit old now. Been collecting traps for about 30 years and was wondering if anyone else here did. I mostly buy and collect old Newhouse's but always like to see what others collect. Anybody?

Attachments

• Newhouses (2).jpg
    Newhouses (2).jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 4,613

DC551

Nice find, a 24 dogless will run well north of $200 I believe in exc shape. Sargents been around since the early 1800's and I think are harder to come across than a lot of Newhouses. There's a 21 1/2 on ebay now over $200. I always check the antique stores and flea markets too and find some good ones but you have to sift thru a lot of old users. I picked up a Newhouse 0 in great shape for $5 once so you never know. Nice thing about trap collecting is you can spend what you want and have a nice collection. There's a lot of collectible traps out there in the $20 range or you can go up to several hundred.
The photo is of the Newhouse's I've picked up so far this year, the old #15 bear trap was one I've been hunting for a while.

Thanks for chiming in, good hunting..

DC551

I don't doubt it, I was looking in an old '99 Vance price guide so that's why I said "well north of". Most of my current references are for Newhouse's these days. You did good, hang on to it!

DC551

Working on 4.5 Newhouse Wolf Traps this weekend, probably my favorite traps..

Attachments

• 4.5's.jpg
    4.5's.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 4,526
  • 4.5's side.jpg
    4.5's side.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 4,514

BLC

DC551":1lqheh4i said:
I ran traplines for a long time back in the day but am getting a bit old now. Been collecting traps for about 30 years and was wondering if anyone else here did. I mostly buy and collect old Newhouse's but always like to see what others collect. Anybody?

DC - I'm not a collector but do have some interest... Do you have some of those Newhouse traps you would sell?

Latest posts