Any savage gurus?

snaildarter

I picked up a nice wood stock, pre-accutrigger model 111 in 7 mm mag really cheap the other day. I am thinking of building a 25-06 with it and I have a question or two.

This is the model with the detachable magazine, will it feed the 25-06 or will I need to try and find a '06 magazine?

To make the bolt compatible with the '06 I will need a correct size bolt head, right?

Anybody ever used the ER Shaw factory contour barrel kit?

The place I bought it from had a heavy barrel model 11 in 243 for $150, I almost bought both of them.

Any help is appreciated.

jlanecr500

snaildarter":1efh5y5g said:
I picked up a nice wood stock, pre-accutrigger model 111 in 7 mm mag really cheap the other day. I am thinking of building a 25-06 with it and I have a question or two.

This is the model with the detachable magazine, will it feed the 25-06 or will I need to try and find a '06 magazine?

To make the bolt compatible with the '06 I will need a correct size bolt head, right?

Anybody ever used the ER Shaw factory contour barrel kit?

The place I bought it from had a heavy barrel model 11 in 243 for $150, I almost bought both of them.

Any help is appreciated.

You will need a long action 30-06 bolt head and magazine. I've had good service from ER Shaw barrels.

snaildarter

Urban_Hunter":20cf2zf2 said:
Definitely a bolt head. Might be able to change the follower on the magazine you have and make it work.

What's the chances of a man getting his hands on that model 11?

I can go by there and see if they still have the model 11, but it's in Knoxville.

Latest posts