Any east tn hunters want to get together and go out of state?

Ski

I'm usually up for a hunt or two. Pretty tied up already this season with a few Ohio trips, possibly an Arizona coues hunt, and trying to buy a lease in Texas. But who knows. If I get tagged early enough in Ohio I will be freed up.

BubbaGoneWild

I'm usually up for a hunt or two. Pretty tied up already this season with a few Ohio trips, possibly an Arizona coues hunt, and trying to buy a lease in Texas. But who knows. If I get tagged early enough in Ohio I will be freed up.
You hunting public in Ohio?

kamml

I am planning to hunt South Carolina this year. I used to live there a few years back and I know the Sumter Forest area pretty well. Its nice gentle midland forest, with oaks along the creeks and pine plantations. No BC bucks there, but plenty of deer, we would see them almost every time we went into the woods.

Ski

You hunting public in Ohio?

More private than public, but I grew up hunting public up there and have a few familiar spots I like to hit so I don't burn out my private spots. Both my brother and I own separate properties and manage them for deer hunting. We work together year round getting ready for season. That's my primary focus for deer season but I also hunt a lot here. I'm primarily a bow hunter.

BubbaGoneWild

More private than public, but I grew up hunting public up there and have a few familiar spots I like to hit so I don't burn out my private spots. Both my brother and I own separate properties and manage them for deer hunting. We work together year round getting ready for season. That's my primary focus for deer season but I also hunt a lot here. I'm primarily a bow hunter.
Well if you hit any public up there and need someone to go with just pm brother.

Ski

Well if you hit any public up there and need someone to go with just pm brother.

Yessir I sure will! And if you (or anybody else that reads this) are ever up there and need some tips on spots or need help tracking, dragging, whatever, don't hesitate to ask. If you're there any time through October & November, there's a good chance I'll be there too. My place is in Ross county. My brother's is in Vinton county. Wayne National Forest seems to get all the attention from out of state hunters but there are many, many smaller, largely unknown or ignored public spots. All have good deer.

Things have changed a lot in recent years. Places that I'd never before seen other hunters will have multiple out of staters. Seems public land bow hunting has really gotten popular, and most of them are younger guys who aren't afraid to work for a kill. I think it's pretty awesome, albeit sometimes frustrating. I grew up hunting that way but it wasn't typical. There weren't many guys willing to spend that much time or go that deep. Don't get me wrong. There were lots of deer hunters. But the hardcore bow hunters willing to put in the miles wasn't as common as it seems now days. In mid Oct. I would have the woods to myself any day of the week. Now there will be trucks lined up along side the highway. November is a nightmare. You might see more hunters than deer. So if I could offer any advice at all, it would be to search out obscure pockets of public land that have no obvious access. There are lots of 100acre ish and smaller pockets that are separated from the main public land, but still belong to it. Find a way to hunt them and leave the big tracts to the masses.

Ski

First three are ones I'm targeting. I've been watching them and a few others for years, but with only one tag per season I can't do much but watch them grow. Dad, brother, and myself all took good ones last season and looks like we should have good opportunity again this year.

Attachments

• Mack 18jun21 (2).JPG
    Mack 18jun21 (2).JPG
    334.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 12pt 1jul21.JPG
    12pt 1jul21.JPG
    259.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Deuce 11jun21.JPG
    Deuce 11jun21.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 30

BubbaGoneWild

Heading to Kentucky public land the next couple of weekends to try and get on a early season velvet buck. Going alone as of now if anyone wants to join pm me.

Latest posts