Another trespasser/poacher...

MUP

The parcel of land(10+ acres) was just purchased adjacent to mine and my uncles properties recently. Two weeks ago I visited and introduced myself, and noted that I knew he had introduced himself to our other landowner neighbor, and had been informed that we hunt our property and don't allow other's on our land b/c of it. I told him I was glad to have him as a neighbor, but wanted to re-affirm what our neighbor had already told him, that I wanted to make sure he wouldn't be shooting over into my property, that I would be hunting, and would have my daughter with me as well at times. He ASSURED me that he was a hunter and would never hunt someone else's property w/o permission.....NOT! My cousin caught me coming out at dark on my place and asked if I had a stand just over the line between us, and of course I said no, what kind of stand? It's a climber sitting at the base of a tree, just a few feet over MY line, and onto THEIR(my cousin's) property, with a salt block out in front of it.....long story short, it's a never ending battle with folks who have absolutely no respect for other's posessions...GW has been called, and will further discuss with him today.

MUP

Thing is, his property has as much deer movement on it as anyone else's does, yet he just had to move, probably 40-50 yds across the line over onto mine and my uncle's side. Reports of a nice 8pt running thru there are beginning to surface...so I think he just can't stand the temptation of getting closer....but he had been well informed beforehand that no trespassing/hunting/anything was allowed on our property, so hopefully he will be getting straightened out by my uncle, as it's actually(if only by 3 ft) on his side of the line. :mad: Man this stuff just burns me up!

MUP

:D Yep, but again, this stand is just a couple feet over my line, and on my uncle's. It's his stand imo. I firmly believe, that if I find some property on my property, it has become my property. Kinda like the mail...

MattR

Its amazing that you can tell someone not to do something and they still do, and leave their stand behind for proof. I gaurantee he would have some sorry excuse if you asked him about it.

Hopefully everything works out

MUP

MattR said:
Its amazing that you can tell someone not to do something and they still do, and leave their stand behind for proof. I gaurantee he would have some sorry excuse if you asked him about it.

Hopefully everything works out

I wondered about that very thing too Matt. Why would he leave his climber behind as evidence of his being there? Maybe, just maybe, he is genuinely confused somehow....but I seriously doubt it, as I thoroughly explained that the straight, painted, posted, line behind his house(less than 10-15 yards) was off limits.

bigtex

He sounds like an idiot, glad you got a free tree stand out of it. Hopefully he'll get the message............but then again if he's that stupid he won't.

Deerbuster1996

I hate when that happens.. putting a stand rite on the line..... the guy next to us put a boxstand up about a yard away from the fence and also cut a backwindow into it.. my uncle told him its only for viewing right? hope it goes over well MUP

Latest posts