Another Rut Vacation Question, Bledsoe/Sequatchie

bkidd1187

I'm planning on taking a week off work for a full week of hunting. I'll be hunting in Bledsoe/Sequatchie on top of Cagle Mountain. Anyone else hunting in the area can point me in the direction of a good week to take off work for some rutting activity? I was planning on 11/9-11/13. I'm pretty new to hunting this area, this is my second year on a lease on Cagle. I've done a lot of scouting, just trying to nail down the timing.

TDW05

2-Step Enabled
Your set up pretty solid with those dates. My 2 best bucks were on the 10th and 17th. I myself took the 7-13 this year.

MUP

Yes sir, I'm in the same area, and agree. I've killed from October till late December up there, good bucks. I normally take the week of Thanksgiving off every season, with a few days before and after, depending on movement seen during bow season. Where's your lease at if you don't mind my asking?

TDW05

2-Step Enabled
I was curious as well MUP. Killed my first deer on cagle out on cherry branch.

bkidd1187

Thanks for the replies. Where I work we get Thanksgiving and the day after off, so there's a long weekend of hunting if I don't have any luck earlier. I've seen lots more does this year than last year in the early season, so whatever that means, I don't know haha.

McCarver Loop Rd/Tate Hill Rd. Long Ridge Hunting Club.

MUP

timberjack86":y405sjyz said:
MUP":y405sjyz said:
My property isn't far from Cherry Branch. :) Actually situated between Cherry Branch and The White Oak Swamps. My property basically IS a travel corridor between the two.
No wonder u keep killing all them big deer! :lol:

I'm the only variable missing from the equation usually, got to put in the stand time and hope to time it where I'm there when the one I'm looking for just happens to cross close enough for me to see him! :super:

BlasterPits

I was on Long ridge for a few seasons. Some Big bucks out there but u got to put in the stand time for sure. Thanksgiving was always good

NChunt1

I hunt out white oak swamp and I would honestly say the biggest bucks I saw on there feet where Thanksgiving week and the week after

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

timberjack86

BlasterPits":5t1db1np said:
I was on Long ridge for a few seasons. Some Big bucks out there but u got to put in the stand time for sure. Thanksgiving was always good
Used to be on the m&p lease out there. I didn't like it as much as cherry branch. Some things happened out there that killed my desire for leasing. Now I hunt mostly public and a small patch of private behind the house.

bkidd1187

The M&P Lease is now a part of Long Ridge. I've not hunted what was the M&P land yet. I ended up going on Saturday morning. Sat in a shooting house and got a little stir crazy (I had to leave by noon, so I couldn't do an all day sit) , went and walked around a bit scouting/stalking and jumped a couple does that were making their way to my field. They trotted a little ways and looked back, I assumed they didn't know what I was, it was some thick stuff bordering the field so we could barely see each other.

But the good news is, on my way out of the property I saw about a 6 point buck crossing the road in daylight about noon central time. Maybe since the little guys are moving in daylight, the bigger guys will start in a two or three weeks.

Latest posts