Am I crazy ?

Tn_Va_Hunter

My son shoots a savage 116 lightweight in 6.5CM. Killed many a deer with it already. Does a spike . 3 point. 7 point , 8 P and the big 10.

Thinking about finding someone that could engrave the year and kill?

Anyone done this

Tenntrapper

My son shoots a savage 116 lightweight in 6.5CM. Killed many a deer with it already. Does a spike . 3 point. 7 point , 8 P and the big 10.

Thinking about finding someone that could engrave the year and kill?

Anyone done this
If you're wanting the rifle engraved I think the problem you will run into is that the person doing the work has to be a FFL holder.
Or at least that is my understanding.
I believe there was someone on here a few months ago that was talking about getting into that. You might do a search...see whatever became of it.
Good luck.

Edit....shot in the dark here...
It says you are in SW Virginia.....if near Lee county, look up Mike's gun shop. He "might" do engraving. He builds suppressors and has his own brand of AR15s. Surely he has some way of "branding" them. Again....shot in the dark.

Last edited:

Tn_Va_Hunter

If you're wanting the rifle engraved I think the problem you will run into is that the person doing the work has to be a FFL holder.
Or at least that is my understanding.
I believe there was someone on here a few months ago that was talking about getting into that. You might do a search...see whatever became of it.
Good luck.

Edit....shot in the dark here...
It says you are in SW Virginia.....if near Lee county, look up Mike's gun shop. He "might" do engraving. He builds suppressors and has his own brand of AR15s. Surely he has some way of "branding" them. Again....shot in the dark.
Thanks for the info. I'm about an hour and 15 min from there

Methane

I took a pistol to a middle tn jeweler for engraving. Only catch was he wanted to make sure the gun had no magazine or round with it, and he wanted to carry into the business.

Tenntrapper

I took a pistol to a middle tn jeweler for engraving. Only catch was he wanted to make sure the gun had no magazine or round with it, and he wanted to carry into the business.

rifle02

I'm not sure if anything has changed but it used to be, that the engraver did not need to have an FFL if they returned the weapon the same day as it was dropped off. My recollection is that the engraver had to be an FFL if any firearm was left overnight. That may have changed though. If you are talking laser engraving the engraver must have a cabinet big enough for a long gun and many don't. If you are talking machine engraving many engravers hesitate to use their gravers on steel. They more prefer to engrave brass plates, trophies and awards that sort of thing. I have used an FFL who just happens to have a laser engraver in Northwest Georgia I could get that info to you if you are anywhere close to there.

Tenntrapper

I'm not sure if anything has changed but it used to be, that the engraver did not need to have an FFL if they returned the weapon the same day as it was dropped off. My recollection is that the engraver had to be an FFL if any firearm was left overnight. That may have changed though. If you are talking laser engraving the engraver must have a cabinet big enough for a long gun and many don't. If you are talking machine engraving many engravers hesitate to use their gravers on steel. They more prefer to engrave brass plates, trophies and awards that sort of thing. I have used an FFL who just happens to have a laser engraver in Northwest Georgia I could get that info to you if you are anywhere close to there.
I've read that as well....if returned same day then no FFL was required.

DaveTN

Am I crazy ?
Yes. But you are in good company. Welcome to the club.
x0CBMZi.gif

Latest posts