Almost went

Shag

We were drizzled on last evening but it wasn't bad really. Your girls might have to contend with more rain today.
For sure! I tried to get them to take some of my Gore-Tex rain suits. But my camouflage wasn't fashionable enough to suit them. I told em I wouldn't give a crap what I looked like as long as I was dry! 😂

tellico4x4

I caved as well this morning and slept in. Activity picked up big time for us Wed & Thurs, saw 11 young bucks those two days. Some chasing and several cruising. Cell cams were firing off big time as well. Hunted yesterday in the drizzle & fog after rain subsided & didn't see a deer. Haven't gotten but a few pics past 36 hours so activity is definitely subsided.

I guess being at camp most of season & being able to cherry pick my hunting time is an advantage. Saw where we have 4 working stiffs tagged in this morning & setting in rain 🤣. Two of them drove all the way from Chattanooga last night ...

Next two weeks should be prime for us and I'll hunt everyday then rain or shine. Going to take advantage of break today and inventory my freezer here at camp and organize the pots & pans in my outdoor kitchen. Will watch some games if the dang WiFi holds out. Have a hotspot that runs off a cell phone booster & crappy weather is making it buffer this morning... whine, whine, whine. Time for another cup of coffee.

Buzzard Breath

I really should have gone. After the storms rolled through its been nothing but a light drizzle. Thursday, I saw 2 bucks square up over a doe just south of Columbia. Yesterday, I saw a really nice buck chasing after 2 does in another part of the county. There's obviously still some activity going on.

SSlater

I don't mind the weather if I'm in a weatherproof blind. I don't have one the moment. I told the neighbor there needs to be at least two next year.