Almost went

MUP

Waited all day on the online weather for you forecast for the rain to dissipate around 1 o'clock. Drove home over the mtn, still running the wipers, waiting for it to clear up and stop so I could get in an evening hunt. Still sitting here at the house with rain dripping off the house, just not in to going when I know I'm going to get wet. On the bright side, my lovely wife had made homemade chili last night, and added deer sausage from the buck I killed on opening day last Saturday. Hooo BOY! that is some goooood eating on a damp rainy day! Takes the edge off of not getting out there as I had been hoping. 😊

Carlos

Same here. The open hunt at Catoosa is happening RN, and I never bothered to drive thru.

Leftover beef stew and cornbread- along with several domestic chores kept me home.

TDW05

2-Step Enabled
We had chili few days ago. Now eating on spaghetti for a few. Told my wife I got a hankering for a roast next.

MUP

Having success with a good buck early also tends to douse the fire a bit for me. Even tho I know there's other good bucks out there, just knowing I have my goal met of a good buck for the season, makes it a little harder to get back out there on less than dry days. 😁

Lost Lake

I was wanting to hunt pretty bad yesterday evening, but figured I'd be a good dad and drive my wife, daughter, and a car full of her friends down to Chattanooga where my daughters High School football team lost the State championship to West Knoxville in a heartbreaker that went down to the last second.

Now I'm taking advantage of a rainy morning to have tires put on her car.

Ahhhhh…..sacrifices. But it sho looks wet out there while I'm sitting in this warm waiting area. Maybe this evening.

MUP

I was wanting to hunt pretty bad yesterday evening, but figured I'd be a good dad and drive my wife, daughter, and a car full of her friends down to Chattanooga where my daughters High School football team lost the State championship to West Knoxville in a heartbreaker that went down to the last second.

Ahhhhh…..sacrifices. But it sho looks wet out there while I'm sitting in this warm waiting area. Maybe this evening.
Looks like rain is going to hang around all day today now. Oh well. 😒

rifle02

The rain is helping what little is left of my food plot. The winter wheat and oats is about all that actually grew. Last Tuesday evening is the first time I saw deer in it during daylight. Plants have greened up nicely but they're being eaten down as quickly as they grow.

Shag

My wife and daughter left out about an hour ago. They are headed to Chattanooga to watch Upperman (daughter's high school) play in the state championship.

Buzzard Breath

I woke up this morning and was about to go to the kitchen to check the weather on my phone when I heard my neighbor rolling his trash can down the driveway at 4:30. I thought that was weird. Then I heard it again and again before I suddenly realized it was thunder. Pulled the covers back over my head.

20231202_070152.jpg

Latest posts