Add diarrhea to the long list of turkey hunting obstacles ...

PalsPal

that I have encountered in my 30+ years of hunting them.

The second "bout" hit when I was approaching a setup spot less than 100 yards from one gobbling his brains out.

Thankfully, I had enough control that I could take care of the matter, undetected.

It didn't cost me the bird, per se, but it sure added an obstacle.

Chickencoop96

Not turkey hunting related but it does remind me of a time in Basic Training when we were setup on an OP in the woods in Fort Benning. we were dug into two man shallow foxholes at night and I asked my buddy to watch my back while I relieved my self outside the OP. mid-crap, the woods lit up like a 4th of July show. (Blanks of course) one of the other platoons decided to do do a mock ambush and there i was rifle in hands and britches at my feet. we still laugh about that to this day. Kudos to you for being able to pull that off without spooking the bird LMAO

PalsPal

Congrats... I guess?

Now tell the story and leave out the bowels :)

I said the diarrhea didn't cost me the bird, but pretty sure fogged glasses did on that setup. He was just out of my vision, and I could not get get a clear view through my right eye. So, I quickly took off my facemask and cleaned them. He or the hen must have seen me, but even though they didn't putt, they went the other way. I got back on him later, and had him coming on a string gobbling his head off, when he veered at 50 steps and stood behind some trash and gobbled.

I could not coax him any closer, and he eventually walked off with his buddy.

This has been my season wrecker. We've had so many close encounters.

And concerning crapping on a hunt, I'm always prepared as it is a rule for me as well; but this was different, in that it was the second of 3 times that morning in the woods. There was no delaying it. I'm just glad I didn't ruin my drawers :D !

Levee Jumper

🤣

It seems like I crap in the woods more days than I don't. I have no idea what its about. Turkey season and squirrel season it's almost automatic.

Willysman

Very funny story. Hate you didn't get that old gobbler. First thing I check to see when I'm going any type hunting is if I have TP in my shirt pocket. It always hits me on the way to my spot, wherever that may be. Then I check to see if I have my gun.

PalsPal

That happened to me one morning. Bird gobbling his head off 100 yards away. It was still dark and my stomach was churning. Had a spicy crawfish boil the night before :oops:. Man, felt like someone was holding a lighter to my rear.

That URGENT looking around for a fallen log at the proper height is added fun also :D !

Rakkin6

Not turkey hunting related but it does remind me of a time in Basic Training when we were setup on an OP in the woods in Fort Benning. we were dug into two man shallow foxholes at night and I asked my buddy to watch my back while I relieved my self outside the OP. mid-crap, the woods lit up like a 4th of July show. (Blanks of course) one of the other platoons decided to do do a mock ambush and there i was rifle in hands and britches at my feet. we still laugh about that to this day. Kudos to you for being able to pull that off without spooking the bird LMAO
I remember in Ranger School and SUT we would dig the slit trench right noext to wear we would be giving our OPORDER at. We intentionally used it during the briefings for the RI and SF Cadre. It's a tradition lol.

String Music

This happened to me when I was set up directly under a gobbler and several other turkeys. It was light enough to where I couldn't move. So I did what any normal human would have done and relieved myself where I was. I slowly pulled my pants down just enough, shifted just outside where I was sitting, relieved myself, wiped and got set back up without being detected.

I did all this just to watch the gobbler sail by me at 10 yards and out of my life.

Latest posts