Acorn crop 2013

ERIC

I also posted this on the QDM forum:

I know it is a little early to say what the acorn crop looks like this year, but has anyone been checking out trees for little acorns yet? If so, what is everyone seeing? We've had a couple good years in a row, so the law of averages would say not so good this year....except the weather has not been average this summer either. I've put more work than usual into food plots and other improvements this year so it would be nice to have a down year for acorns and more usage of food plots. If anybody has noticed anything so far, what is it and what part of Tennessee are you referring to

deerhunter10

we have trees in the yard and the ones ive looked at our farms looks pretty good so far. in maury county. I think it will be an outstanding crop this year.

AT Hiker

BSK said:
I'm afraid it may be a bumper crop. I hate bumper acorn crops. The deer never have to move to eat.

The last two years were a bumper for us, after this year Im hoping for lots of old and big antlered deer were we hunt...unless another bumper crop keeps them laid low. However, I have expanded my deep woods hunting style and have grown to like it.

BSK

MUP said:
It's years like these, and the past couple, where I appreciate even more the hardwood(whites and reds) land that I have to hunt. ;) Still have to find the dominant trees, but that's the fun of it, right? :)

You all and your "dominant" trees! :)

JCDEERMAN

They look to be loaded in Hickman. It will be interesting for us with all the new clear cut and pines bordering us. I will probably be on our boundaries super early waiting on them to leave our food :)

MUP

BSK said:
MUP said:
It's years like these, and the past couple, where I appreciate even more the hardwood(whites and reds) land that I have to hunt. ;) Still have to find the dominant trees, but that's the fun of it, right? :)

I think I'll get a set of ski's and poles and just glide across all that mast, kinda like the Olympic shooters, with my weapon across my back! :grin:

Winchester

BSK said:
MUP said:

I call them "Killing Trees" when I find them, and make no mistake they exist anywhere acorns are abundant!

BSK

Winchester said:
BSK said:
MUP said:

I call them "Killing Trees" when I find them, and make no mistake they exist anywhere acorns are abundant!

Uh huh... Sure they do... ;)

ERIC

Not much deer movement on my place when we have lots of acorns....I'm trying standing corn this year so hopefully it will get some use in December or so, after some of the acorns are gone. Lots of thick cover next to it so I'll hope for the best.

muddyboots

Winchester said:
BSK said:
MUP said:

Yessir!

Winchester

BSK said:
Winchester said:
BSK said:
MUP said:

Uh huh... Sure they do... ;)
:D Brian these are like what appear to be the perfect woman, very rare, but once found you better tap it for all its worth because its appeal definitely wont last very long!!! :grin:

Latest posts