A Boot Tip

Bottom Hunter

I I ordered a boot dryer with extensions from Cabela's. Should be here this week,.....Cabela's is a lot better at shipping times than Bass pro.....same price too.

Funny thing.....I got online and tried to order it from the memphis store for store pickup....basically wanting to make sure they had it, order and pay for it online and simply go by the store and pick it up when I went to pickup my wife at the airport yesterday....save me some shipping costs and time. I was driving right past it anyway.

I could never find a place on the site to even find out if the store had it in stock, so I called the customer service number and she told me that any item over the internet gets shipped from the Main store in Mo. She said that if I wanted to get a store to hold an item for me, I had to call the store itself....

I asked.."So, I can't order it and pay for it over the website and then simply walk in to the service desk and pick it up?"

She said,"No".

"You must call the store, ask if they have the item in stock, then if they will hold it for you." I told her that I did that one time, got there and the item was NOT in stock, they had made a mistake, and didn't call me back to tell me . they just looked it up on the store inventory page and saw that they had one, told me to "come on" and they would have it waiting for me , but when they went back in the back to get it, they could not find it.....after I made a special trip to pcik it up. Of course, they apologized......lol.

I wonder how many busy people would buy stuff from an individual store if they could simply order and pay for it online and drive by and pick it up in a few hours or the next day and save shipping costs...?

And I threw in this..lol," I was in the Memphis store last week and there were maybe 30 people working in there walking around and asking people if they needed help.. Maybe they could fill some of these orders or maybe hire some school kids ..."

She thanked me for my suggestion , I hung up and ordered it from Cabela's because they have faster shipping, usually two days to my home.

Would have been glad to stop by the Memphis store and picked it up.....

Latest posts