A Bad Experience with Tennessee Wildlife Enforcement.

musical hunter

I woulda just went and got it with the cameras off and not even bothered to call anyone. The chances of the warden actually seeing you are slim to none. Its better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

fairchaser

I wonder if the ranger's attitude would've been different had the hunter not gone over his head? I think the ranger might have come out and dragged the buck back over the line for the hunter. I didn't hear the conversation but it seems hard to imagine anyone being that much of a total jerk, especially a LEO. There are always one in every group. No good deed goes unpunished. I'm sorry for the hunter and wonder at this point if there is a legal case to be made?

Rockhound

Some of you are forgetting that YOU own that property and the fact that they can treat you like that if everything was done in a legal manner, should be criminal in itself. That's horsecrap no matter how you look at it.

Andy S.

I think the ranger might have come out and dragged the buck back over the line for the hunter.
Not at Radnor Lake State Park, where this occured. Visitors such as you and I cannot even "stray" off the dedicated walking trails when visiting. No way the hunter was going to "legally" retrieve this buck once it crossed onto Radnor. I spoke with a Radnor Ranger recently and he is said it is a very strict and rigid ran park that allows for walking in nature, and photographing all sorts of wildlife as you can almost pet some of them. That should tell you all you need to know about "hunting" these deer.

JBell

He didn't try to go over his head until he had no other choice. He has been heckled by park rangers numerous times at that spot.

Buzzard Breath

He didn't try to go over his head until he had no other choice. He has been heckled by park rangers numerous times at that spot.
Interesting. If he'd had problems with the Park Ranger in the past, I wonder why he thought this situation would have turned out any differently than it did.

JBell

He's as legal as he can be. And although he was bummed about the situation, he knew that was the hand he was dealt. The rest of us are the ones that got mad😂.

fairchaser

I know another situation where a hunter shot the buck of a lifetime than fell dead in a duck refuge. He was told the same thing but the ranger did come out and helped the hunter briefly look for the buck. It wasn't found until months later after the refuge opened. At least he recovered the antlers.

Winchester

Sad situation where a hunter could be charged with wanton waste laws a mile down the road for not trying to recover a game animal, and yet this Tool forces just that to happen, after actually going to and photographing the deer!!! Sad sad reality for TN. Shameful and embarrassing really!

easy45

Sad situation where a hunter could be charged with wanton waste laws a mile down the road for not trying to recover a game animal, and yet this Tool forces just that to happen, after actually going to and photographing the deer!!! Sad sad reality for TN. Shameful and embarrassing really!
Wanton waste laws only apply to waterfowl in this state.

Ed B

I don't get the outrage, no one that knows the area is surprised. There are plenty of publicly owned properties you can't access and even more you can't hunt. I don't like it but those are the rules.

If that ranger allows him to retrieve that deer then you are going to have people leasing out someone's backyard for $5k all around there.

I don't have a dog in the hunt and don't know any of the parties but I'm glad the ranger did his job. As for him taking pictures, my guess is he wanted evidence in the event the deer was retrieved that they could later confirm it was the same deer.

huntintn

Easy, if a deer runs and dies on Chickasaw state park....will you help the guy remove it before it rots and starts stinking?

I'm sure you know the guy or gal.
Huge difference between Chickasaw state park and this place, and I know a couple that were caught hunting safety zones in Chickasaw and were ticketed.

Latest posts