A Bad Experience with Tennessee Wildlife Enforcement.

PossumSlayer

2-Step Enabled
My experience with any Leo , TWRA, troopers, county or city make them smile act like your his neighbor make fun of yourself or situation and 90% of the time I have them laughing and we are swapping stories and they forgot why they encountered me... but I'm not out doing meth and stealing .

rukiddin

So this may have'em addressed in the previous 8 pages, but for those of y'all familiar with this area, how many deer do y'all think run across the line and are retrieved anyways????
Is big nuts park ranger on his game that much that it's almost impossible to get away with retrieving a deer that crosses? Just curious. I know what I'd done but that's irrelevant and I'd never even heard of this place until this discussion.

TheLBLman

Personally, I've had good experiences with MOST LEO's and TWRA Wildlife Officers,
as MOST are just very reasonable people trying to do their jobs.

In fact, just this past weekend, I had a TWRA county officer go above and beyond to help me NOT get a ticket for a potential wildlife regulatory infraction. I didn't break any laws, but was trying to be sure I didn't, by clearly understanding the rules BEFORE being in a compromising circumstance, such as, what if I shoot a deer and it crosses the property line over which I don't have permission (quota hunt)?

Give you an example:

You get drawn for a quota gun hunt on a WMA,
but you choose to hunt close the property line, where the WMA adjoins "private" property,
on which deer season is not "open", and, you do not have permission to trespass.

Considering the possibilities of what "can" happen, it's often wise to not hunt right on a property line unless you know in advance you can legally retrieve a deer from the other side.

Ed B

So this may have'em addressed in the previous 8 pages, but for those of y'all familiar with this area, how many deer do y'all think run across the line and are retrieved anyways????
Is big nuts park ranger on his game that much that it's almost impossible to get away with retrieving a deer that crosses? Just curious. I know what I'd done but that's irrelevant and I'd never even heard of this place until this discussion.
I can't comment to how on their game they are, but I know they have enough "trophy hunters" prowling around the boundaries that they have a heck of a challenge on their hands. Now days it's a city park surrounded by houses and subdivisions.

I have several good friends that live within a couple hundred yards of the park and they choose not to hunt their yards. It's not worth the hassle if the deer runs nor is it hunting. I've had the chance to gun hunt one of those as he was one of the few properties that borders that is outside the city limits…again, why, zero challenge. That said, the trail cam pictures he would get made it tempting.

It's simple, it's not about hunting a property line, it's about hunting in a subdivision with pet deer.

1jamey

I see both sides,as a hunter he decided to do things the right way and it turned out crappy for him. Did he put himself in that situation yes.
The officer or ranger has a job to do, I don't know what the laws are or how he is choosing to try to enforce them. If he let's one in then you would set a precedent for more to follow.
As sportsmen and women we all hate to see an animal go to waste, that is the problem I have with the entire situation. That animal should have been retrieved and used to feed someone in need maybe mounted and put on display to prevent the situation happening again, both could have done things differently.

Dumbluck

I love park rangers, but I don't think I'd side with that particular ranger. I know of instances where he has harassed hunters that I know for hunting private property close to the park. When I say harrass I mean walk up and down the park border scaring deer away from private property they were hunting on multiple occasions on purpose. I seriously doubt he would have a pragmatic bone in his body for any hunting situation.

mike243

As easy as it is to pop a cell phone on and record stuff I find this hard to believe. Should have recorded stuff a few times over the years because of neighbors shooting guns till I came out of the woods.

Headhunter

Long Hunter rangers are bad or I was told they are. Basically cannot fish from the bank, at least in some spots, can't even pull boat up and get out and fish from the bank. Bakers Grove pt. There is a house that would let people park and walk down and fish for hybrids. The park ranger said they had to park at headquarters and walk, and 2 guy said they pulled their boats up, wind was bad, and walked to get to the point to fish. Range ran them off, said they had to park at headquarters and walk. It is a LONG ways if you do that. And what is wrong with fishing from the bank?

Latest posts