300 WinMag

MUP

Got to get out and do a little testing Sat. Shot a ladder and found a couple potential nodes, so loaded up the lower of the two and shot for group. 65.0 gr of RL22 got a .600" 3 shot group. This might be where I end up, but I still have to test the higher node at book max to see what it yields. The ladder, for the most part was very straight line horizontal.

Attachments

• IMG_20200801_153824977.jpg
    IMG_20200801_153824977.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 512

MUP

Thanks buddy! Daniel has been trying forever to get me to move up past the 150 grainers, so I went to the 180s first with pretty good success, and now these 220s look to potentially be shooters from this rifle as well now. I just need a brake.... :shock:

MUP

I don't have a chrono fc, but I did do my "redneck" version of it. Shooting 13 shots (low to high on the powder scale) of 1 shot each by .5 gr increments at 200 yds.(3 shots were over book max, no pressure indicated) I had very low vertical dispersion until I got into the over book max territory. So I tested for group for a couple shots that were close together and vertically close as well. One of them shined, the 65.0 grain group. I still have another node to test, but I doubt I'll see any improvement, but, if I get the same, or miraculously better groups, I'll definitely take the higher velocity load.

Pennywise67

MUP":3j6e9lvq said:
Thanks buddy! Daniel has been trying forever to get me to move up past the 150 grainers, so I went to the 180s first with pretty good success, and now these 220s look to potentially be shooters from this rifle as well now. I just need a brake.... :shock:

I planned on shooting 165/180's in my new Begrara Wilderness 300WM. I sighted in using cheap Winchester 150gr extreme point. These are the first 8 shots down the tube. top left 2 shots, scope adjusted then middle 2 shots, then 4 shots on target. 100 yards, how do I walk away from this :rotf:

Attachments

• bergara.jpg
    bergara.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 311

Stykbow

Pennywise67":1069tcaw said:
MUP":1069tcaw said:

I planned on shooting 165/180's in my new Begrara Wilderness 300WM. I sighted in using cheap Winchester 150gr extreme point. These are the first 8 shots down the tube. top left 2 shots, scope adjusted then middle 2 shots, then 4 shots on target. 100 yards, how do I walk away from this :rotf:
You don't unless you're doing some serious target shooting! Good shooting right there.

If you're going to be stupid, you'd better be tough!

MUP

Pennywise67":1slqucyx said:
MUP":1slqucyx said:

That's very good for factory ammo, or even handloads! The only thing that would lead me toward handloading is the consistency of the ammo being in your control, and maybe just a tad better accuracy. If it 's shooting that good with factory, I'd love to see how it would do with handloads. ;)

Pennywise67

MUP":4f0fe4j7 said:
Pennywise67":4f0fe4j7 said:
MUP":4f0fe4j7 said:

That's very good for factory ammo, or even handloads! The only thing that would lead me toward handloading is the consistency of the ammo being in your control, and maybe just a tad better accuracy. If it 's shooting that good with factory, I'd love to see how it would do with handloads. ;)

I plan on handloading for it. But I cant find brass anywhere. So I guess I need to shoot up some factory stuff to get me some brass.

Latest posts