20ga question

Uncle Jesse

elknturkey":ispg40rg said:
Southern Sportsman":ispg40rg said:
Uncle Jesse":ispg40rg said:
Yildiz over/under from academy. Then you have a short range and a long range barrel

My short range (0 to 25) barrel has a light modified choke shooting 2 3/4 7.5 Golden pheasant
Long range has an extra full shooting hevi 13

2 of the 3 I've killed with it was with the short range barrel

The over/under turkey gun is a great idea in theory. But you have to be careful/lucky because many of the less expensive over/unders may have two barrels that shoot slightly different poi. I tried it with a 12 gauge a few years back. At 30 yards, there was 4-5 inches difference between the two barrels. I killed a few with it but it always bothered me so I sold it after a couple seasons.
Why I've always stayed away from them as turkey guns. Great if they work but I've shot a lot of sub $1000 doubles and it's a crap shoot getting one that both barrels shoot the same

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Not a problem at all with my 20 gauge Yildiz. Both barrels shoot to POA. My 410 Yildiz top barrel shoots slightly high while the bottom barrel is dead on

TreyB

I am picking up the Mossberg Maverick 20 youth at Academy for $179... I know it may not be the best but I have to many guns already and don't want to drop a ton on one.

Latest posts