2024 šŸ¦ƒ Kill Thread

Tn Joe

Mason's juvenile bird!

IMG_9711.jpeg

Livin2hunt

knightrider

triple threat

IMG_0022.jpeg

Four hens flew into the field just before sunrise. They wandered off out of sight. I would do some light yelps every now and then and I began to see them again with two gobblers following. It took some time (about an hour) with some coaxing but they finally got within range. Gobbler was 21 lbs, 10 inch beard and 1 1/8 inch spurs. Fairly quick hunt for me. Maybe the earliest I've killed one!

Grizzly Johnson

Sometimes things just work out the way you hoped they would if you could script a hunt. Achieved a turkey hunting goal this morning, with a friend and co-workerā€¦. a Double. Been chasing this goal since my wife started hunting turkeys with me and came close a couple of times before, but just couldn't get things lined up. A little tree talk and some fly-down noiseā€¦ wasn't long before the first hen was browsing around in front of usā€¦ then a few minutes later two strutters came out of the treesā€¦ with another hen behind them. I called to the strutters with my natural voice and the first hen answered me back. Some mocking of her and she was getting agitatedā€¦ seeing the second hen easing towards my calls, the first hen comes towards us for a fightā€¦ which brought the toms just about into our lapsā€¦ at one point the second hen passed by us at 5 yards or lessā€¦ Had to wait for the strutters to separate enough for the shots. 1, 2, 3ā€¦ boomā€¦ what a blessed morning!!

10.25" beard, 1" spurs, 18lbs

Attachments

• IMG_5007.jpeg
    IMG_5007.jpeg
    528.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5008.jpeg
    IMG_5008.jpeg
    687.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0128.jpeg
    IMG_0128.jpeg
    550 KB · Views: 12

Livin2hunt

View attachment 223651
Four hens flew into the field just before sunrise. They wandered off out of sight. I would do some light yelps every now and then and I began to see them again with two gobblers following. It took some time (about an hour) with some coaxing but they finally got within range. Gobbler was 21 lbs, 10 inch beard and 1 1/8 inch spurs. Fairly quick hunt for me. Maybe the earliest I've killed one!
Congrats!

Livin2hunt

Sometimes things just work out the way you hoped they would if you could script a hunt. Achieved a turkey hunting goal this morning, with a friend and co-workerā€¦. a Double. Been chasing this goal since my wife started hunting turkeys with me and came close a couple of times before, but just couldn't get things lined up. A little tree talk and some fly-down noiseā€¦ wasn't long before the first hen was browsing around in front of usā€¦ then a few minutes later two strutters came out of the treesā€¦ with another hen behind them. I called to the strutters with my natural voice and the first hen answered me back. Some mocking of her and she was getting agitatedā€¦ seeing the second hen easing towards my calls, the first hen comes towards us for a fightā€¦ which brought the toms just about into our lapsā€¦ at one point the second hen passed by us at 5 yards or lessā€¦ Had to wait for the strutters to separate enough for the shots. 1, 2, 3ā€¦ boomā€¦ what a blessed morning!!

10.25" beard, 1" spurs, 18lbs
That's awesome! Congrats! Definitely a blessed morning!

Latest posts