2018 Shed Report

Os2 Outdoors

3-3 me an the pup tied today.
bdafddbbc0b511606bbf87daa2b0b625.jpg
178d92244695a7e4f3daccf87cb2a27b.jpg
e9a1fd4df68ea132285249ea3a3d6277.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

cozy23

3 or 4 smaller bucks came running through the field next door yesterday. All still had their racks.

Trousdale County

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

TN Whitetail Freak

Headed to weakley co. Ground today and found a fresh shed but appeared to be laying for a few weeks, no fresh blood. 3.5 miles and one shed. Did hear the turkeys acting up though.

catman529

Saw a buck with both sides a day or two ago in Williamson county, saw another buck with both sides today in Maury county. Both deer were in a group of several antlerless deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

huntintn

tree_ghost":1vjjaeoh said:
Walked a new spot today looks like it may be a productive spot in the fall...
41e3412cbbdb2754b3e181d2a1c6575e.jpg
b6e40ce51870e013a0b65a51db8bd54e.jpg
f0190e0333db3440503c93dd77c02826.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2 lefts, I found 3 rights Saturday.

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

Mike Belt

You guys should be telling where you're finding most of your sheds. Open ground or were there certain obstacles in the immediate area that influenced them dropping off where you found them. It might help others to concentrate looking in those type areas.

cbhunter

Mike Belt":1dwcfd5b said:
You guys should be telling where you're finding most of your sheds. Open ground or were there certain obstacles in the immediate area that influenced them dropping off where you found them. It might help others to concentrate looking in those type areas.

Great point, I have no idea where to start. I know if you can find a fence crossing where they jump it then that is a good spot to check but what else?

benellivol

cbhunter":2rzuvrea said:
Great point, I have no idea where to start. I know if you can find a fence crossing where they jump it then that is a good spot to check but what else?

I've hunted the same property for 11 years. I've found 4 sheds total in all the years I've hunted there until Sunday, I found 5 laying in wide open fields. If I had tips, I would give them.

Os2 Outdoors

Only tip I have is find the deer. Food sources and bedding areas.

Bedding areas during hunting and now are probably different. Bedding areas I find this time of year are in wide open South to West facing areas to receive the most sun.

Deer also come "home" this time of year. I find a good bit of sheds where I was getting velvet pics of them the year before.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

tree_ghost

Mike Belt":34a3qmg9 said:

I found these in heavily wooded areas with no fields accessible without crossing heavily populated roads. In areas like this I look for the high ground thickets where the bucks bed because that's where the bucks will be spending 80% of their time right now. The other most productive spot is food sources from my experience. With that in mind it's easiest to pinpoint agriculture fields as a main source of food. In those fields I concentrate on terrrain features that a buck can use to his advantage like tree lines, fence rows, fingers, inside corners, or drainage swells. I've not had a ton of luck aside from these two approaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts