1st climber for 14yr old?

Shanman

Wanting to see what advice you guys have about the first stand to start a young man off in. Maybe some of you guys have already been through this and can share your experiences? He's use to ladders and going to introduce him to lock-ons this season, which I'm sure he will be fine in. I just don't want to have to fight hanging 2 lock-ons for a morning hunt, then move them for an evening hunt. Plain on getting an Oak Ridge left over doe permit and they are all archery this year, would really like to get him off the ground. If he doesn't feel comfortable using a climber then I'll work with him and try to have him in one by next season, but want to purchase once if at all possible. Any advice is much appreciated.

cbhunter

If a climber is the route you decide to go, it's hard to beat the safety of a summit IMO. I have used several brands but summit is the only one for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbhunter

Shanman":3te9m1u4 said:
The mini viper is appealing but could honestly buy 2 lock-ons and some steps for the price.
unless he is smaller than the average 14 year old, I would go with the viper so he can grow with it. Foot stirrups are adjustable. See them in good used shape all the time for around 100-125.. got mine for 85 2 years ago

They are definitely expensive new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk