17 acres is 5100.00 an acre too much.

recurve60#

Land is going for 15k an acre here, or was before interest rates increased. My brother just sold 22 acres at 14k with only a well and gotta make a powerline right of way. Little chance of any kind of internet.

Shooter77

2-Step Enabled
I saw the other day that Ag land in the Midwest (IL & IA) have sold in the 20-30K acre range. I couldn't imagine buying 100-500 acre tracks at that price.

Dirtcop

$5100/acre is a thing of the past here in Haywood county. Had a house site go for $22300/ac. Grown up 6 acres just down the road from me. Thx blue oval.

CrossVolle

There is nothing that can justify that price but the market and an impatient buyer in East Tennessee. I choose not to play and save.

Last edited:

Tenn bound

Just east of the tenn river just down the road from lorretta lynns.we bought 140 acreas at 850 an acre 8 years ago.now its worth a hell of a lot more.land around us is going for 9-10 k on average.with out roads,no wells or ceptic.

BSK

Just east of the tenn river just down the road from lorretta lynns.we bought 140 acreas at 850 an acre 8 years ago.now its worth a hell of a lot more.land around us is going for 9-10 k on average.with out roads,no wells or ceptic.
Wow, in the hills between KY Lake and the Buffalo River Bottoms, you almost can't give land away. Perhaps that's because so much of those hills' timber was damaged (flattened) by the hurricane in 2019.

ImThere

Wow, in the hills between KY Lake and the Buffalo River Bottoms, you almost can't give land away. Perhaps that's because so much of those hills' timber was damaged (flattened) by the hurricane in 2019.
I'm available for any free land. 😁

Shooter77

2-Step Enabled
Were can I find some of this land? I'm willing to drive the 6.5 hrs from my end of the state for a cheap hunting land.

Ski

5100/acre doesn't sound horrible. Here in my area it runs between 10k-20k+ and that's an hour south of Nashville. Up on the plateau in remote areas it seems to be running 2k+ last time I was looking. Price really depends on how many people want the land and how much they'll pay. One area can't really be compared to another.

megalomaniac

Boy... its a weird market time for raw land... just for kicks, I pulled up realtracs in my area. Found a 8ac lot down the road from the 78ac I bought 4yrs ago. They are asking $24,000 per acre. I paid $3150 per acre for mine. A 200ac farm about a mile away sold last year in 7 or 8 large tracts and brought $7500 per acre.

I suspect real land values are in the $8 to $10g range per acre for small tracts (10ac or less), and still $7500 per acre for larger stuff. But this area is only 15 minutes away from a city with 150,000 or so people, and 40 min from Nashville. I wouldn't be surprised if land values don't go up another 20% in the next couple years, but likewise, I wouldn't be surprised if they fall by 30 to 40%, as they seem awfully inflated in my area

Ski

I wouldn't count on prices dropping without some kind of financial crisis that forces people to dump unnecessary mortgages. That will happen at some point but I sure wouldn't count on it happening in the near future. If there's land you want right now and can afford right now, then there's no better time than right now to buy it.

Stalkhunter

Well look around the area before you buy, sometimes not being close to good neighbors will draw trash to breakin and steal \vandalize your property, price becomes not so good of a deal if you cant stop it
Ya not probably gonna happen the places I saw going in not so good.

Latest posts