17 acres is 5100.00 an acre too much.

Stalkhunter

I am look for my own little piece of land to put my Camper and hunt. I will have to put septic and water in. Going to head out and look at it it's in East Tn. I guess in the end it's up too me.

Snake

Have to know exactly where it is but yeah that's high. Well now that I think about it I was offered $48 ,100 for mine which I call 10 acres but it's actually 9.6 so may not be that high if it's what you what. I turned down that offer though .

Last edited:

FLTENNHUNTER1

Who's to say in this day and age. My personal opinion is if you can swing it and it's not like other property in the area is going for half that then I would not worry so much about it and enjoy my time on this earth with the 17 acres you were blessed with being able to buy and enjoy.
Especially if it has a deer highway running through it.

ImThere

It's worth what you're willing to pay for it. No more no less. IMHO. When you walk it you will decide what that property is worth and make an offer.
I've been on properties where the seller and I were on opposite sides of the spectrum and I been in properties where we seen eye to eye and made a deal. I walked a property where he was way over priced, I decided what I'd pay and bought it. He was trying to find a sucker but knew the market and settled for fair market value.

Teacher

2-Step Enabled
I have my residence in Alabama and I own land in TN. I get a letter at least once every two weeks from a realtor trying to buy the land in TN. Most offers are sight unseen on the property and they are proposing 2,500 an acre now. I almost sold one tract this fall but decided to hang on to it and see what future prices do. Don't put a price on it now or someone will take you up on it.

rem270

That's all up to you. If you like the property and location then go for it.

There's 9 acres that borders my land that I am really hoping to buy. Just trying to track down the new owners that bought the house and land. I'd sign a contract tonight for $5100 an acre if they contacted me wanting to sell the land they bought with the house.

Shooter77

2-Step Enabled
Wow, that's crazy, but some markets that's good deal. When I bought my 29.5 acres in summer of '21, I paid 30K for it. I had hunted on this land since 1995. My neighbor called me in middle Dec to sell 51 acres from part of his 114 acres. He told me 1,500 a acre, but when I sent him the contract first of Jan, he said I miss understood, he wanted 90k for the land even though he's never said a word to me about $90K. That's 1,764 a acre. I was mad and started to walk away from it. Been thinking about it a lot last few weeks, it allows me access to my land and actually boarders my east and south. Gives me 4.5 acre field and small 1/4 acre pond. So now I'm thinking to just go through with it. A farm that meets his east boundary just sold this summer for 2200 acre and it's rougher land.

The way I look at it, land is hard to come by, finding some that you like or some that could add to your current, it's worth just doing it. The days of having a lease or permission really sucks when they cancel the lease or property sells.

Last edited:

ImThere

Wow, that's crazy, but some markets that's good deal. When I bought my 29.5 acres in summer of '21, I paid 30K for it. I had hunted on this land since 1995. My neighbor called me in middle Dec to sell 51 acres from part of his 114 acres. He told me 1,500 a acre, but when I sent him the contract first of Jan, he said I miss understood, he wanted 90k for the land even though he's never said a word to me about $90K. That's 1,764 a acre. I was mad and started to walk away from it. Been thinking about it a lot last few weeks, it allows me access to my land and actually boarders my east and south. Gives me 4.5 acre field and small 1/4 acre pond. So now I'm thinking to just go through with it. A farm that meets his east boundary just sold this summer for 2200 acre and it's rougher land.

The way I look at it, land is hard to come by, finding some that you like or some that could add to your current, it's worth just doing it. The days of having a lease or permission really sucks when they cancel the lease or property sells.
Wow that's amazing. You don't hear if prices like this much

Latest posts