150 incher down!

rem270

Great buck man, congrats.

And the ones saying it won't hit 150". Whether is hits it or not idk? I do believe on his word. It's still better than any of y'all have killed this yr whether it hits 140 or 150. So get over it. :)

stringtalker

rem270":1agl66nn said:

And the ones saying it won't hit 150". Whether is hits it or not idk? I do believe on his word. It's still better than any of y'all have killed this yr whether it hits 140 or 150. So get over it. :)
Way to go, make deer hunting a competition, it ain't like that its all screwed up anyway!!!

ROUGH COUNTRY HUNTER

deaddownwind":46xcx8zt said:
L Antler: G1- 6 2/8", G2-10 2/8", G3-9 1/8"
Beam- 24 4/8"
C1-4 6/8", C2- 4 2/8", C3- 4 2/8", C4- 3"

R Antler: G1- 6 4/8", G2- 12", G3- 10 2/8"
Beam- 23 6/8",
C1- 4 6/8", C2- 4 3/8", C3- 4 2/8", C4- 3"

Inside Width: 15 6/8"
These measurements are easy to see.Congrats on a stud once again

rem270

stringtalker":1fo0m4tl said:
rem270":1fo0m4tl said:

Way to go, make deer hunting a competition, it ain't like that its all screwed up anyway!!!
It is screwed up. The ones saying it wouldn't score 150 are the ones making it a competition.

I miss the days of "Did you see the big 8 that Joe killed", or the "Big 10 that Bob killed". It used to just be a 6pt, 8pt, or whatever it was but now it's all about score and if yours scores higher or not.

Marlin308

That's a great buck and I hope to kill one that big this year...but looking at the measurements I always thought on an 8 pointer you only get three mass measurements instead of 4 like on a 10 pointer. That's why it's so hard for 8 pointers to reach 150". If the last two mass measurements of 3" are deducted, then that buck would score 144", which is still very impressive for a Tennessee 8 pointer. Congrats to the hunter!!!

280longshot

Marlin308":2kzjb4hc said:
That's a great buck and I hope to kill one that big this year...but looking at the measurements I always thought on an 8 pointer you only get three mass measurements instead of 4 like on a 10 pointer. That's why it's so hard for 8 pointers to reach 150". If the last two mass measurements of 3" are deducted, then that buck would score 144", which is still very impressive for a Tennessee 8 pointer. Congrats to the hunter!!!
That's what I thought but I'm no scorer.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Andy S.

Marlin308":1si5jeze said:
That's a great buck and I hope to kill one that big this year...but
No "but", it is a great deer any way you slice it.
I always thought on an 8 pointer you only get three mass measurements instead of 4 like on a 10 pointer.
You are dead wrong. ALL bucks (even spikes) get 4 mass measurements.
That's why it's so hard for 8 pointers to reach 150".
It is really not that hard, if "some" could just recognize one when they saw it.
Congrats to the hunter!!!
Ditto!

Andy S.

rem270":3sk7id1c said:
It is screwed up. The ones saying it wouldn't score 150 are the ones making it a competition.
Ditto! Just simply say "great buck" and move on. Successful hunters do not need every Tom, Richard and Harry spewing their whitetail wisdom on here as a futile attempt to take away from one's great accomplishment.

ROUGH COUNTRY HUNTER

Andy S.":2643dihx said:
rem270":2643dihx said:
Ditto! Just simply say "great buck" and move on. Successful hunters do not need every Tom, Richard and Harry spewing their whitetail wisdom on here as a futile attempt to take away from one's great accomplishment.
well said

deaddownwind

Marlin308":1bi1zv4o said:

Thanks for the congratulatory comment but here is a little tutelage on mass measurements.

Circumferences are taken at the narrowest place for each measurement between each point. You get four mass measurements on both antlers (8 total) on any deer. If the brow tine (G1) is missing, the first two mass measurements are the measurement at the smallest place between the burr and the G2. If the G4 is missing, the last mass measurement will be the measurement halfway between the G3 and the tip of the main beam.

The reason its so hard to get to 150 for an 8 point is because you only have 6 tine length measurements in my opinion. He may not be 150 one the 60 day drying period is over, but either way I am tickled with him and feel very fortunate to have had the opportunity to kill this deer.

tree_ghost

the bottom line DDW is HATERS GONNA HATE...don't pay the peanut gallery no nevermind keep hunting the way you are because OBVIOUSLY your on to something!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

deer hunter 21

I remember the good old days of hunting, you know when someone got a buck and everyone was excited no matter the size and the only question you asked was how many points was it. There was absolutely no one worried about inches just the number of points, I'm sure a lot of you guys can relate.

Marlin308

Thanks DDW for your explanation and teaching me something today...I have been underscoring my deer for awhile now (not that I really care since its just a number anyway, but good to know regardless). Congratulations again on a great buck. :tu:

Latest posts