150 incher down!

280longshot

Marlin308":3rm88elg said:
Thanks DDW for your explanation and teaching me something today...I have been underscoring my deer for awhile now (not that I really care since its just a number anyway, but good to know regardless). Congratulations again on a great buck. :tu:
Same here but I could care less what my deer score. I've only had one deer scored in my life, all my other bucks have been scored using the its about this method around the camp from buddies.
Hunters that guess the score within inches have measured a deer or two in their time. I would hate to be in a situation where my deer had to be scored and meet a minimum or be fined or lose a buck. I would absolutely hate hunting with those rules.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

wobblegobble

Wow, yall must have missed the comment I posted stating he has a BEAUTIFUL WIFE but spends more time deer hunting and preparing for it!lol I serious folks Deaddownwind knows his stuff inside and out.

hookedup

I caped the buck out and the measurements are correct and he is gonna do it right. Now for me I round up lol! Wobble is right, he does it right and it's pays off. I didn't think the deer was 150 looking at the pic but in person I saw it. Super long 2 and 3s and 24 inch main beams add up quickly. Congrats on a great deer!

Rackseeker

wobblegobble":2q2z6mni said:
Wow, yall must have missed the comment I posted stating he has a BEAUTIFUL WIFE but spends more time deer hunting and preparing for it!lol I serious folks Deaddownwind knows his stuff inside and out.

Not doubting you on all accounts. Talking about a mans wife and telling about all the 150-180" deer pics he is getting may be crossing the line. LOL.... ole Deaddownwind looks like he might be a handful.

iowavf

I had a few question my buck and I told the come measure him and they ate crow. Always going to be a few who know more than others and seem to be experts at everything, that's why you call them a know it all of all trades, master of none! That's why I said before most have never seen or held a 150 deer but think a lot of high 130 low 140 deer are over 150 because they've never seen one.

wobblegobble

hookedup":1u6z3j53 said:
I caped the buck out and the measurements are correct and he is gonna do it right. Now for me I round up lol! Wobble is right, he does it right and it's pays off. I didn't think the deer was 150 looking at the pic but in person I saw it. Super long 2 and 3s and 24 inch main beams add up quickly. Congrats on a great deer!

BTW hookedup is a taxidermist

horn master

Great deer! You should see the deer he has on camera. Two definate booners! I know where these deer are but will never tell the exact spot. They are in Franklin County.

J_W

Congratulations!!
Out of curiosity, could you tell if you have pics of this deer from last year, and if so, how much growth did he make this year? Have you tried to determine his actual age from his jawbone?

Bowdacious

deaddownwind":2oa0dfvd said:
I'm definitely not worried with people doubting the score. I've scored plenty of deer and am confident with my adding and counting abilities. If anyone would like to come and measure any deer I have or have measured, I welcome them. Maybe some of the know-it-alls in the hunting community could teach me something and maybe I could teach you a little something as well! :moon: People doubt only because of either jealousy or ignorance. To me, if a person is proud of a deer, it doesn't really matter what the score, weight, or age of the deer is. Some of the happiest hunters are the guys with their first bucks that are spikes or four points. People will continue to make negative comments because they want to think they know more about hunting than other folks. It's the worst part of the sport.
If you said it was a 200, I wouldn't question. The reason for that is that from a pic, length, size and weight of any animal is hard to determine. I completely agree with what you just posted. I wish more would learn to be happy for others and congratulate them instead of questioning and criticizing. You have an awesome buck and a memory that will make you smile the rest of your life.
Great job!!

Latest posts