catman529

It was cold and I knew the temp was dropping but I didn't dress warm enough. Up in the climber I would doze off till I got too cold and then try to warm up but I finally had enough and climbed down. I was not being stealthy just stomping through the woods trying to keep warm. A couple of deer came trotting down the woods toward me and the lead doe got to about 20 yards before I said Hey and shot. Didn't find any blood but went where she went and found her within a few minutes. Did not get video cause my hands were freezing and I did not want to strap the camera rig onto the gun before I took off. Everything I touched made my hands turn to ice so I was really just trying to cover some ground to warm up again. Glad it worked out. Now I'm staying warm dragging this thing outta here. Lol

17b9c55ee7dc356a4e6b485fc4354cb5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mudbone

Re: #12

Good job man. My buddy wants a deer processed and will pay for it. Gimme a holler. I'll have my phone all day today at work

catman529

Mudbone":1i0u1cb9 said:
Good job man. My buddy wants a deer processed and will pay for it. Gimme a holler. I'll have my phone all day today at work
I'll give you a shout here in a minute I will be in Nashville later this afternoon might could pick it up then

catman529

pockets":26ll7ye3 said:
Congrats. I know there was ice on the treestand. Im sure that one will make good tacos.
yeah it was slick. This one will eat great as they all do and I saved the heart.

Weird bullet deflection, shot hit the shoulder, took out one lung, part of the liver and the stomach. Almost completely broadside shot...I will inspect more closely this evening when I skin it out. Never could find the exit hole in the fur.

Riverday

You could carry that deer out like carrying a rabbit in the back of your hunting coat...congrats

catman529

Snake":jth9rtpo said:
catman529":jth9rtpo said:
Snake":jth9rtpo said:
Congrats Catman ! Hey is that a Marlin rifle ?
thanks yes it is

Model 336 - caliber ?? I used to have a 30-30 336 accurate little devil . I still have an 1895 45-70 Marlin great guns .
yes 30-30 win

catman529

Riverday":e99x83fz said:
You could carry that deer out like carrying a rabbit in the back of your hunting coat...congrats
it wasn't small like a fawn, but once I tried using the pull up rope on my climber I didn't bother with getting the deer cart...
6b83f50a6b03af3695c90afa679725a6.jpg

Latest posts