“Other “ option when checking in game.

yellalinehunter

Why is there an other option when it comes to entering the location you killed an animal that required checking in? It's either public or private. And if public you'd have to be on some sort of named property? So why have an other option. Seems there is no benefit other than keep harvest numbers low on your favorite place to hunt.

hoghunter65

Why is there an other option when it comes to entering the location you killed an animal that required checking in? It's either public or private. And if public you'd have to be on some sort of named property? So why have an other option. Seems there is no benefit other than keep harvest numbers low on your favorite place to hunt.
I just looked at my app and it doesn't have a other option, just public and private.

backyardtndeer

I hunt landowner and I had issues last year checking in with my phone on the second deer that I killed, using the use my location. I am on private and in unit cwd. I had killed one a few days earlier from the same stand, maybe 80 yards between them and had no issues with the first one at all. I never could get through the process on the second deer, ended up having to enter the information manually.

I called and asked about this but from the reverse perspective. I hunt Cedars of Lebanon mostly and when I go to public land on the app there's not an option for Cedars of Lebanon. I called TWRA and asked them how I was supposed to check in a deer killed on Cedars and was told to use the other option. From that answer I concluded it is for places that are public that aren't actual WMAs.

killingtime 41

I called and asked about this but from the reverse perspective. I hunt Cedars of Lebanon mostly and when I go to public land on the app there's not an option for Cedars of Lebanon. I called TWRA and asked them how I was supposed to check in a deer killed on Cedars and was told to use the other option. From that answer I concluded it is for places that are public that aren't actual WMAs.
You are correct it's a way to check in deer that are not a wma such as TVA land and places like that.

jejeffrries71

I hunt landowner and I had issues last year checking in with my phone on the second deer that I killed, using the use my location. I am on private and in unit cwd. I had killed one a few days earlier from the same stand, maybe 80 yards between them and had no issues with the first one at all. I never could get through the process on the second deer, ended up having to enter the information manually.
Poor cell service / low data transfer? A lot of unit CWD has really sucky cell service regardless of the carrier... or sucky cell service in places you might be hunting. It seems to have become worse over the last couple of years.

Madbowh

Tva land?

Latest posts