Snake Boots

Setterman

snake protection is a must around here, we have tons of copperheads and rattlesnakes. I wore snake boots for decades and finally listened to a buddy and dumped them for a pair of high quality boots and some snakeproof gaiters. Best decision I've ever made.

Soft Talker

Never owned a pair, and sure as hell ain't cool enough to wear gaytors. Bet I seen over 60, so called turkey hunters, down there in The Cypress. Better than 40 of them were sporting gaytors. Anything they can do to look and act like ol Dave. Between them and the north mountain leafy jackets, its like a friggin fashion show in the woods these days. Total commanders 😄

Last edited:

tnanh

Did you move to another house? Rattlesnakes in the basement sounds like something off of a horror movie.
No I didnt move but I also did not sleep for weeks. The basement is only accessible from outside so I told my wife everything was ok. She still cusses me sometimes and every once in a while it is about the snake. :)

Spurhunter

Never owned a pair, and sure as hell ain't cool enough to wear gaytors. Bet I seen over 60, so called turkey hunters, down there in The Cypress. Better than 40 of them were sporting gaytors. Anything they can do to look and act like ol Dave. Between them and the north mountain leafy jackets, its like a friggin fashion show in the woods these days. Total commanders 😄
I had never seen a turkey hunter wearing hiking boots and gaiters until the Pinhoti Project debuted. Now they're everywhere. Even guys that hunt swampy bottom land try to pull it off. Pretty soon they won't sell you a turkey tag unless you show your hiking boots, gaiters, leafy jacket, tactical pants, and Benelli shotgun. 😅

tnanh

I had never seen a turkey hunter wearing hiking boots and gaiters until the Pinhoti Project debuted. Now they're everywhere. Even guys that hunt swampy bottom land try to pull it off. Pretty soon they won't sell you a turkey tag unless you show your hiking boots, gaiters, leafy jacket, tactical pants, and Benelli shotgun. 😅
They are called facebook hunters. Fishing has gotten just as bad.

deerhunter10

We live in one of the biggest rattle snake population in maury county. I can say a lot don't rattle its probably 50/50. The bigger ones seem to be the ones that do not like to rattle at all. The smaller ones are usually the ones that do. We don't have hardly any copperhead only seen maybe 5 my whole life. But we see 15ish rattle snakes a year around the house. Still ain't wearing snake boots. May look into gators but I have never seen a comfortable pair of snake boots.

knightrider

Ive been wearing hiking boots for along time just no gators, so i say ole dave is just trying to one up me😁

timberjack86

season 2 episode 10 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Gravey

Nope, I'm more worried about catching something from ticks. PERMETHRIN PERMETHRIN PERMETHRIN is a turkey hunter's best friend
Wife called me last week. She had a tick crawling up the windshield on the INSIDE! No idea how it got there. I had been in your neck of the woods the day before and drove it. No idea where it came from but I agree with the use of permethrin.

Hduke86

Wife called me last week. She had a tick crawling up the windshield on the INSIDE! No idea how it got there. I had been in your neck of the woods the day before and drove it. No idea where it came from but I agree with the use of permethrin.
I'm surprised a tick is the only thing you brought back from Soddy 🤣. You out there on the Lee Pike area

Bgoodman30

Always wear my Cabelas pinnacle snake boots. They fit like tennis shoes and weigh less than most boots. Of course after BPS took over they were discontinued...

NChunt1

Around 85% of snake bites happen on the arms and hands. I would even bet that out of all the people who have actually been bit by a snake turkey hunting it has happened while they were trying to sit down or get set up. Being cautious of where you put your hands and where you sit down would probably be much more effective than wearing snake boots ever would. Just from a statistics standpoint.

Latest posts