Rubber boots

deerfever

Went with the Lite boots recommended by Turkey chaser after doing some research. These things are unbelievable! My wife opened the box because she thought they had left the boots out! Lol, These are the lightest boots I have ever seen in my life. Great reviews and feel like wearing crocks with a 16 inch top. Time will tell I guess but first impression is I can go all day in these things.

Last edited:

th88

Was boot browsing the other day in store after finishing shredding the uppers on my mucks. I have a pair of LaCrosse Granges I will wear on mornings I know i'm crossing water, but I HATE the lack of grip/traction on the bottom of the boot. Can't even climb a hill in those things without slipping. But anyways, came across the Dry Shod brand. Never had heard of them, but really liked the design of the Southland model.

Did some research and they are a newer company. Apparently one of the main designers was one of the original Muck guys. Reviews are sparse, but I've wasted enough money on rubbers over the years, they are worth a shot. They have some muck-type material up top but are armored a lot more than mucks. Great traction/lugs on bottom. Fairly lightweight.

I'll post an update after I put a bunch of miles on them.

REN

another option just to put it out there is ditch the rubber boots and go to waterproof hiker and gaiters. I did this about 4 years ago and will NEVER EVER go back to rubber boots. Move allows you to get much lighter weight option thats way more comfortable to walk in and generally speaking doesnt make your feet crazy hot in those warmers days.

Again just another option that has worked very very well for me personally

deerfever

Two days walking and running traps in the Lite boots at 13 oz each have felt great! Time will tell but if this works out I know what my go to rubber boot will be from here on out.

MR Yote

Definitely I agree with Andy S on his recommendation. Buy some Granges, immediately throw the insoles in the trash & replace with a good insole. That has worked well for me too.

Displaced_Vol

My favorites have been the lacrosse green ones with the clasps & fold over top. I've got fat calves, they're not good for anything I can't jump over a crack, but the regular granges cut off circulation. I went with warm weather muck boots after I wore the lacrosses out and they're OK, but I don't like them near as much.
I'll go back with lacrosse next time but I am intrigued by the lite boots.

deerfever

My favorites have been the lacrosse green ones with the clasps & fold over top. I've got fat calves, they're not good for anything I can't jump over a crack, but the regular granges cut off circulation. I went with warm weather muck boots after I wore the lacrosses out and they're OK, but I don't like them near as much.
I really like the Lite boots, I walk every evening and have been wearing them each day since they arrived. They make them in a pair for bigger calves also so it Might be just what you need. I am still amazed by how much they weigh . So far so good!

deerhunter10

I have big calves to. I stretch my lacrosse out with a hair dryer. Like I said above I am going to try lite boots they came out with a wife calf.

SKFOOTER

Lacrosse Grange with aftermarket insoles are my go to for marshy swampy areas, or mornings walking in tall grass with a heavy dew. My Grange boots are on a boot dryer as soon as I return to camp or house. I have had good luck this way. I wear different boots for different terrain.
Which after market insoles do you use?

Levee Jumper

Wife bought me a pair of the Grange Bottomlamd camo boots last year before the season. I have no complaints with them at all.
Ive had a pair for a couple years as well. Really like them but given the way the camo pattern is applied to the boot, the boots turn white after what I would guess is 40-50 miles of walking.

Setterman

another option just to put it out there is ditch the rubber boots and go to waterproof hiker and gaiters. I did this about 4 years ago and will NEVER EVER go back to rubber boots. Move allows you to get much lighter weight option thats way more comfortable to walk in and generally speaking doesnt make your feet crazy hot in those warmers days.

Again just another option that has worked very very well for me personally
This is what I did as well. I always wore snake boots but hit my wits end dealing with crap boots that cost a fortune. Bought a pair of Crispi Colorado boots and a set of snake gaiters. Can't believe I wasted so many years not hunting this way. @String Music gets the credit for opening my eyes

Latest posts