Rubber boots

deerfever

What kind of rubber boots do you wear turkey hunting. I was thinking of getting Lacrosse Grange but wondered if they are worth it. I have a closet full of busted ,cracked , and uncomfortable rubber boots trying to save a buck. Does anyone wear the Grange? Are they comfortable, durable and worth the price? Anyone have any other recommendations? Thanks!

Remington700

I have worn them and been happy. I don't think they are as good as the use to be, but what is? Definitely worth getting to hunt in spring and fall.

Boll Weevil

I do for hunts where I know I'm gonna be in a river swamp/standing water. One thing that'll help with longevity is to store in a cool dry dark place upside down or with a boot insert if you can.

Spurhunter

I love my lacrosses…I find myself using em a bunch
since LaCrosse makes hundreds of styles and you weren't more specific, I'll assume you mean these:

Screenshot_20230122-164320_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Gravey

I had been wearing Muck Fieldblazers but they started rubbing my heal so I bought a pair of Lacrosse Aeroheads a month or so back that somebody posted a link to in the Deals forum. They were on sale for $89. Only wore them around the house to see how they felt but first impression is they're lightweight and comfortable.

deerhunter10

I wear the burlys won't ever own mucks again. Lacrosse is way more comfortable. About to get a pair lite boots to try them. Won't have any kind of reviews on them til I put them through there paces in turkey season.

Wrangler95

I had been wearing Muck Fieldblazers but they started rubbing my heal so I bought a pair of Lacrosse Aeroheads a month or so back that somebody posted a link to in the Deals forum. They were on sale for $89. Only wore them around the house to see how they felt but first impression is they're lightweight and comfortable.
Same here on the Mucks,had two pair and lasted less than a year.Rubbed my heel and bottoms came unglued.Bought a pair of Rocky's this Christmas but only worn them once but like them!I have a pair of Rocky rubber boots that are well insulated and warm,only drawback is they are heavy!

Gobble4me757

Same here on the Mucks,had two pair and lasted less than a year.Rubbed my heel and bottoms came unglued.Bought a pair of Rocky's this Christmas but only worn them once but like them!I have a pair of Rocky rubber boots that are well insulated and warm,only drawback is they are heavy!
I hated the mucks a buddy let me borrow…no where near as comfy as lacrosse.

megalomaniac

For comfort, i really like the ultralight lacrosse aeroheads that SCN found on sale a few years back for $49. They already leak tho...

I prefer lightweight hikers instead. Don't care if I soak them in a creek, except for the horrible rotten moldy foot smell they end up developing by the end of the season. I'm almost getting to the point of just buying the Merrell Chemeleons on sale for $75, using them one or 2 seasons, then throwing them away. Filling them up with baking soda helps a little, but they still get pretty rank after a week in the swamps.

Latest posts