YOUR OPINION

baller_9

timberjack86 said:
easy45 said:
I've only heard good things about the primos cams
x2 I love mine!

I have three and will buy more. Every camera out there will have something you won't like but for the ease of use, cost, and quality of pictures I don't believe there is a better camera on the market.

mr.hicks

You need to seriously consider moultrie m80, you can find it for 99 on the net but typically 119. my workhorse, awesome quality pics long batt life easy to use and reliable

Sako

mr.hicks said:
You need to seriously consider moultrie m80, you can find it for 99 on the net but typically 119. my workhorse, awesome quality pics long batt life easy to use and reliable

I bought one of these this year and i will certainly be buying more of them this coming year.... great camera... and a great price.

PcDeer

mr.hicks said:
Outstanding camera! I got mine last spring prior to turkey season for $119 and it has been more than worth the money. I am planning on purchasing a couple more before next deer season.

Boone 58

My advice for future purchases is ....to consider spending the money to buy the ones with 6 month to one year run time on AA batteries because you will get your money back from switching to them from D....D's like used the the old moultrie d40's and 50's cost 10 bucks per 8 pk anywhere you get them and they only last 45 to 60 days and that is a stretch with night photos.....i have owned 4 or 5 d-40 and 50....just bought a Moultrie m 80 and it promises 6 to 12 months run time but if i get the low side of that i will save a butt load on batteries as AA's are much cheaper. Cant wait till i get this one out over salt and corn now that the season is over to see what survived the gun season!!

FIREMANJIM

I can not believe I am fixing to.say this but here goes......"If I only had a $100 to spend on a trailcam I would buy the M80 from Moultrie!" Or I would save a few more months and get me a nondisposable camera like a Pack Rat or a StuCam!!!!

TheLBLman

What's a StuCam?

By the way, the initial cost of the cam CAN be just a small part of your total cost over time. This can be even more true if you buy junk that mostly wastes your time.

As others have mentioned, battery life can be a very big deal. It's not just the cost of the batteries, but the costs of your trips to service the cam. Or if you value your time, add that to your costs. Speaking of which, few things are more frustrating than to take your time to go service a cam, only to find out it's not even been working since the last time you re-set it.

FIREMANJIM

The Stu Cam was named after one of my close friends over on the QDMA website. It is a Sony P52 or a P72 in a Pelican 1060 case with a BigFoot Board and 4 C cells for external camera power. Nice little work horse of a unit. Just to clarify I am not endorsing the Moultrie M80 but if I only had a Hundred to spend of all the JUNK CHINESE cams that is the one I would buy. Like WES said, There is alot more to these cams than the $100 you pay for it at the time of purchase. Kinda thought everyone would "start seeing the light on this" by now.

280longshot

FIREMANJIM said:
The Stu Cam was named after one of my close friends over on the QDMA website. It is a Sony P52 or a P72 in a Pelican 1060 case with a BigFoot Board and 4 C cells for external camera power. Nice little work horse of a unit. Just to clarify I am not endorsing the Moultrie M80 but if I only had a Hundred to spend of all the JUNK CHINESE cams that is the one I would buy. Like WES said, There is alot more to these cams than the $100 you pay for it at the time of purchase. Kinda thought everyone would "start seeing the light on this" by now.
X2 I agree with you Jim

TheLBLman

FIREMANJIM said:
Just to clarify I am not endorsing the Moultrie M80 but if I only had a Hundred to spend of all the JUNK CHINESE cams that is the one I would buy.
Guess that beats spending $200 to $400 on some other JUNK CHINESE cams!

IMO, the most economical way to go (from an overall perspective and years of lasting value & satisfaction) is to go with either "Home-brews", Reconyx, or both.

whistlinwingman

Walmart has their Moultrie M-80's clearanced to $99.00. I just bought one. From studying and reading several reviews I am satisfied with the purchase.

BSK

Wes Parrish said:
IMO, the most economical way to go (from an overall perspective and years of lasting value & satisfaction) is to go with either "Home-brews", Reconyx, or both.

Agreed.

Latest posts