Let's see your hit list

huvrman

Haven't got any pics of my hit list deer yet... Unless one or 2 shows up from 2 years ago.

tree_ghost

Here is one I'm trying to get my wife on. I personally am only hunting 1 deer since the velvet hunt. I'm not willing to post pics of him unless I manage to kill him but up till this point he's proven to be the most elusive whitetail I've ever had the opportunity to chase so I'm not holding my breath lol

Attachments

• tYfKMjhaWpwX20231111-7925-d433bh.mp4
    901.2 KB

BSK

Got him Saturday afternoon working a scrape line along an old logging road through the thick stuff. 35-yard shot (the average for my property).

3 1/2, 203 lbs live, I think he will score somewhere around 125-130.

Attachments

• IMG_0020.MP4
    30.4 MB
  • Bryan2023a.jpg
    Bryan2023a.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 110
  • Bryan2023b.jpg
    Bryan2023b.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 111

Rockhound

I'm starting to hear this more and more.

One property I hunt just has not been the same the last 3 years.

Makes you wonder exactly which deer are being targeted for depredation doesn't it?
I know which deer get targeted and it's ridiculous that it's allowed. I know last summer one guy killed 4 one evening in one field from 130"-160"

TX300mag

All of my deer get slaughtered in the summer beans now. I haven't had a deer older than 4.5 or over 120" on cam going on 3 years now.

I have a relative in who let me take one of my girls to his best farm this past Friday.

He didn't intend for it to go down this way, but the farmer went in on depredation permits late summer and slaughtered them.

There were several dozen deer laying in one field, including multiple mature bucks. There's no telling how many deer ran in to the woods and died (which is farmer's preference I would think).

No deer sightings by anyone Friday, and exactly one track found in a logging road.

This is why I'm agains lowering the limits or taking away hunting days. I'd rather hunters kill them than farmers or hired night shooters. Technology has gotten pretty good.

Antler Daddy

I have a relative in who let me take one of my girls to his best farm this past Friday.

He didn't intend for it to go down this way, but the farmer went in on depredation permits late summer and slaughtered them.

There were several dozen deer laying in one field, including multiple mature bucks. There's no telling how many deer ran in to the woods and died (which is farmer's preference I would think).

No deer sightings by anyone Friday, and exactly one track found in a logging road.

This is why I'm agains lowering the limits or taking away hunting days. I'd rather hunters kill them than farmers or hired night shooters. Technology has gotten pretty good.
Ridiculous! If my hard earned property bordered his, I might seek legal support to try and stop the slaughter and reimburse me for my loss of recreational value to my land. I understand that he loses money to hungry mouths, but that type of removal is wrong IMHO.

Last edited:

Latest posts