Let's see your hit list

backyardtndeer

For the time being and likely the remainder of this season, my "hitlist" will be this guy and the rest of his family and friends, or as many more of them as I can kill. I will give him the name "Wiley".šŸ˜‰ At the present time I have killed four of his buddies.
23112220302201002623.jpg

We did have another big bodied "buck of interest", that came through that I am sure was mature, but he was only around one of my cams for two days and never during daylight. Think he was likely just a passer through the area that hit a local doe and has moved on. Of course, secondary rutting activity should start up in about 10 days or so and we could see some other mature bucks just show up.

megalomaniac

My young do not kill buck is still walking... although he shifted almost a mile across a busy 2 lane highway last night to a spot he has never been to since antler development. Hoping he doesn't mess up in unfamiliar territory

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231128_064915.jpg
    Screenshot_20231128_064915.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20231128_064932.jpg
    Screenshot_20231128_064932.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 17

PickettSFHunter

Things have went down hill so far here that a list wouldn't be something to worry about. 10 years ago, sure, but not now. I wouldnt share anyway if the deer were alive because of how people are here. I can say that between 5 properties I hunt and something like 15 cameras, I've gotten exactly 1 mature buck on camera this year and it is a very good one. Yall are very fortunate to the west.

Boll Weevil

I wish I had a hitlist to share. At the moment it's a half limit of squirrels and a lop eared doe named Hazel. Off year for sure.

Remi

I hit that late yesterday evening and it saved a nice ones life. Turned the bullet almost on a 90 to the right and it was a complete miss, which is certainly better than a wound.

Attachments

• IMG_2691.jpeg
    IMG_2691.jpeg
    370.8 KB · Views: 17

BSK

I hit that late yesterday evening and it saved a nice ones life. Turned the bullet almost on a 90 to the right and it was a complete miss, which is certainly better than a wound.
Isn't it amazing what happens once you disrupt a bullet's clean flight?

Always makes me laugh to see/hear the conspiracy theorists talk about the impossible bullet trajectories of the Kennedy assassination. Really? I've seen bullets make far, FAR crazier twists and turns than the ones fired at Kennedy. Even just flesh can cause a bullet to change its trajectory in excess of 90 degrees.

JCDEERMAN

Always makes me laugh to see/hear the conspiracy theorists talk about the impossible bullet trajectories of the Kennedy assassination. Really? I've seen bullets make far, FAR crazier twists and turns than the ones fired at Kennedy. Even just flesh can cause a bullet to change its trajectory in excess of 90 degrees.
No kidding! To this day, I never figured out where I initially hit this deer. I was on the ground and he was 30 yards away and I hit a few saplings on the way. Never found a bullet hole anywhere on him, but there was descent blood. Crazy! Waited 4 hours before pursuing. Walked up on him at 20 yards and he was looking the opposite direction, very disoriented. The shot in the neck was the kill shot to put him down.

IMG_2849.jpeg

Remi

Yep, it's crazy. This was a "brush buster" too, 35 Remington with a 200gr RN.

The best brush gun/bullet is the one that doesn't hit brush, lol.

BSK

No kidding! To this day, I never figured out where I initially hit this deer. I was on the ground and he was 30 yards away and I hit a few saplings on the way. Never found a bullet hole anywhere on him, but there was descent blood. Crazy! Waited 4 hours before pursuing. Walked up on him at 20 yards and he was looking the opposite direction, very disoriented. The shot in the neck was the kill shot to put him down.
That's a crazy story!

Latest posts