Your first call?

Flintlocksforme

First pot call was a DD Adams double slate. But the first calls I ever saw were homemade box calls from the true old timers. My dad got a homemade slate with a carved cedar peg from an older friend in the early 60s. It makes a super soft sound you can barely hear across the room.

LenS

I started turkey hunting 30 years ago on our family farm in south Missouri. First call was an Ike Ashby Gobbler Box. He was a local callmaker for the area. Still my favorite call, mostly for the cherished memories I have with it.

Iglow

Mine was a Lynch Jet slate. The original was lost long ago but it's relacement will be with me this year. The first turkey I killed was with a cane yelper I made after I read how to make one in a magazine or maybe from Roger Latham's reprint of Tom Turpin's book, I can't remember.

Plateau Hunter

My first call was given to me by my Dad in about 1963 or so…I still have it…makes a horrible yelp…lol…never killed anything using it…but it is priceless…we went turkey hunting in the Meadow Creek, Tater Knobs area of what now is the Savage Gulf State Natural Area…was the last place in Grundy County where there were a few native wild turkeys left…it is a Lohman cedar box with a cedar striker and an old piece of chalk that stores inside…still has the same rolled up paper towel stopper that Dad had in it…

Attachments

• 395FD7E8-3735-4349-9A81-39A95DEF8D79.jpeg
    395FD7E8-3735-4349-9A81-39A95DEF8D79.jpeg
    310.1 KB · Views: 21