Call Recommendation

megalomaniac

After turkey hunting several years, I killed my first one on opening day, 2004. Since then, I've probably killed 2-3 a year. After reading this post, and watching the videos, I became convinced I'd never kill another turkey without a Silver Thunder Extreme with a Carbon Striker. I bought that one primarily because Al and others said it was heavy, and I need more weight in my vest! 🤣 🤣
Umm, that call is the ONLY thing in my kit I'm willing to sacrifice excess weight for.

It's that good.

Gravey

After turkey hunting several years, I killed my first one on opening day, 2004. Since then, I've probably killed 2-3 a year. After reading this post, and watching the videos, I became convinced I'd never kill another turkey without a Silver Thunder Extreme with a Carbon Striker. I bought that one primarily because Al and others said it was heavy, and I need more weight in my vest! 🤣 🤣
😂😂😂
Mine came with a regular striker and it sounds fine but I ordered a carbon strike and cover for the call today. It'll be the only one I carry beside a mouth call or two.

Joe2Kool

😂😂😂
Mine came with a regular striker and it sounds fine but I ordered a carbon strike and cover for the call today. It'll be the only one I carry beside a mouth call or two.
A cover? Dang. I missed that. How am I supposed to kill a turkey without a cover when I'm not calling! 🤣 🤣

Bell3wv

Al Horbert... enticer turkey calls

Wet wonder.

I run his silver thunder extreme as my go to call.

I think Andy recommended him several years ago,

Only complaint is the silver thunder is a little heavy.... but flipping from the aluminum side to the Corian side basically gives you 2 different calls in one
FYI...do not Google "Wet Wonder"😁

Gravey

FYI...do not Google "Wet Wonder"😁
Reminds me of when I worked for a publishing company years ago that was a book and bible publisher. Bass Pro in Nashville opened during that time and the office was 10 minutes away so I'd go over quite a bit. Well one day I needed to look online for one of their items and typed in redhead.com. It's a website but not the one I was looking for. Computer kept getting all kind of pop ups and I was about to have a heart attack trying to close them all out. 😂

Joe2Kool

Reminds me of when I worked for a publishing company years ago that was a book and bible publisher. Bass Pro in Nashville opened during that time and the office was 10 minutes away so I'd go over quite a bit. Well one day I needed to look online for one of their items and typed in redhead.com. It's a website but not the one I was looking for. Computer kept getting all kind of pop ups and I was about to have a heart attack trying to close them all out. 😂
I know a guy who did that same search several years ago. He made sure to tell his wife later that he was searching for turkey calls on Bass Pro. Yep. Good friend. :)

I ordered an enticer wet wonder based on recommendations in this thread. There is supposed to be a video with conditioning instructions on Al's website but I can't find it. This is my first pot call so wondering if someone can assist with conditioning both the glass and corian side? Taking my son on his first juvenile hunt this weekend!

Gravey

I ordered an enticer wet wonder based on recommendations in this thread. There is supposed to be a video with conditioning instructions on Al's website but I can't find it. This is my first pot call so wondering if someone can assist with conditioning both the glass and corian side? Taking my son on his first juvenile hunt this weekend!
I didn't condition mine yet and get pretty dang good sounds from both sides. It should've come with 3 conditioning pieces and I'd use the sandpaper.

clwg97

2-Step Enabled
I like my aluminum pot calls on rainy days, and on every other day. It's the only surface I usually carry.

Joe2Kool

I use drywall screen on both the Corian side and aluminum side.

The Corian side will not work when it's raining or very humid though.

But the Corian side has finished quite a few birds for me.
I thought the aluminum sounded OK. The Corian, not so much. I'll scuff it up and try some more.

Rakkin6

I thought the aluminum sounded OK. The Corian, not so much. I'll scuff it up and try some more.
After you scuff it up clean them with an alcohol pad and scuff up your striker. It's just me but when I scuff any call up I go in one direction. Since I am a lefty I go from the 9 o'clock position to the 3. I don't go back and forth.

Latest posts