Call Recommendation

Spurhunter

I need a pot call specifically for damp, humid days. Probably going with slate. Would prefer a custom call maker instead of a big company, but MS opens in 33 days so time is of the essence. What say you?

Remi

I have a Yingling waterproof crystal over slate that's awesome

I've used quite a few of the Enticer calls and Al makes a great call.

The sidekick in slate would be my pick

Last edited:

megalomaniac

Al Horbert... enticer turkey calls

Wet wonder.

I run his silver thunder extreme as my go to call.

I think Andy recommended him several years ago,

Only complaint is the silver thunder is a little heavy.... but flipping from the aluminum side to the Corian side basically gives you 2 different calls in one

TN Larry

Al Horbert... enticer turkey calls

Wet wonder.

I run his silver thunder extreme as my go to call.

I think Andy recommended him several years ago,

Only complaint is the silver thunder is a little heavy.... but flipping from the aluminum side to the Corian side basically gives you 2 different calls in one
^^^^^^This

Gravey

Got mine in and didn't do anything to it and the sound is great. It includes a scotch Brite pad, sandpaper, and stone to condition the call to get different sounds. I've never heard of using a stone so do you use the edge, the pointed end, flat, etc? Maybe it doesn't matter but don't want to screw it up.
IMG_6038.jpeg

megalomaniac

Just the flat side of the stone... produces more irregular scratches on the surface for a different sound.

personally I just use the screen sandpaper and don't worry about making different areas of the call with different abrasives. When I want a soft sound, I flip it over and use the back... the corian side. I do also scratch a small square on the back as well.

Soft Talker

I need a pot call specifically for damp, humid days. Probably going with slate. Would prefer a custom call maker instead of a big company, but MS opens in 33 days so time is of the essence. What say you?
If you was a real Turkey Hunter, you would know you don't hunt pot calls on damp, humid days. Sorry, had to do it dude :p

Creek bottoms

Got mine in and didn't do anything to it and the sound is great. It includes a scotch Brite pad, sandpaper, and stone to condition the call to get different sounds. I've never heard of using a stone so do you use the edge, the pointed end, flat, etc? Maybe it doesn't matter but don't want to screw it up.
View attachment 216192
I'd skip the stone across the creek and use the other two.

Joe2Kool

After turkey hunting several years, I killed my first one on opening day, 2004. Since then, I've probably killed 2-3 a year. After reading this post, and watching the videos, I became convinced I'd never kill another turkey without a Silver Thunder Extreme with a Carbon Striker. I bought that one primarily because Al and others said it was heavy, and I need more weight in my vest! 🤣 🤣

Latest posts