UPDATED box call recommendation

Gobble4me757

Woodhaven box is what has gotten a bunch killed in past couple of years…it's a lil short box that's easy to run and can really work well

REN

You still got that Yingling pot call I found in the vest I bought from you?

Actually ended up donating it to a kid on here a year or so ago. I forget his name but his dad was also on here and he was getting into turkey hunting and didn't have much to start out with so I mailed it to him and a few other things to get him going

Rakkin6

Actually ended up donating it to a kid on here a year or so ago. I forget his name but his dad was also on here and he was getting into turkey hunting and didn't have much to start out with so I mailed it to him and a few other things to get him going
Good deal

TnKen

2-Step Enabled
Box calls are great for locating and medium range calling. I always switch to the mouth call when they get close to minimize movement. I make Cost style box calls and it definitely takes a lot of time to make one compared to a pot call. I can make several pot calls to a single tuned box call.

REN

UPDATE - got my call from BIll today and wow man it blew away my expectations on quality of build and overall look (looks even better then his website) and sounds amazing. He was one of the nicest fellows to talk to on the phone (reminds me a lot when I use to call and talk to Harold Fowler on the phone).

I called and asked me what he recommended based on what I wanted sound wise and placed the order. He called me that night saying after he ran the call before shipping he didnt feel it had the rasp I was looking for and said he would rather send me a slightly different one if I trusted him to do so.

Again the overall quality is amazing and after seeing it and playing it I wouldnt ever guess he charges as little as he does for his calls. The inlay and design is just fantastic wood work. Any one looking for a box to try out I highly suggest him or at least just call and chat with him. http://www.bbcustomboxcalls.com/

REN

0EBE3E50-394D-427C-85CE-9A2388E162A4.jpeg

Soft Talker

I am not a box guy, but none made, by any call maker past, present , or future, will ever be as deadly as an original Lynch box ;)

Boll Weevil

Agree. Nice nice looking.

Based on the 530 area code this maker is from Cali. I've often considered if regionally different callmakers may have different perceptions of the perfect hen. Not to say hens from Cali speak a different language from Yankee birds from birds south of the Mason Dixon. But because it's the call maker who has listened to different voices hens all their life and mimics what he hears.

See if your birds don't respond different to that call…kinda like the new girl in town back in the high school days.

Last edited: