Young Sportsman Hunt Dates Correction!!

scn

Since this recants earlier information given, I'll put it down here where it might be better noticed than the "sticky" at the top:

I recently received a question in the TWRA forum concerning the hunt dates for the first 2015 Young Sportsman hunt. When I went to the actual Proclamation, I was still unclear as it was subject to some interpretation as it was written in the Proclamation. Thus, I emailed the TWRA Big Game Coordinator, Chuck Yoest, to get the "official" dates. I was told October 24-25 and posted those in the TWRA forum.

However, today, I received another email from Chuck in which he told me that my inquiry had prompted further discussion at TWRA on the correct dates. As a result, TWRA has decided that the dates for that hunt are October 31-Nov. 1. I personally think that will be a better weekend for our young hunters and am glad to see it put there. I also felt that was the intention of the TFWC from some discussion over the past couple of years.

I apologize if anyone set vacation dates by my first post, but I went with the information I was given. Hopefully it that happened you will be able to reschedule.

So, again, the official dates for the 2015 Young Sportsman deer hunt is October 31-Nov. 1

Latest posts