yellow perch

larry ipock

caught 15 last week water was 41 degrees. going tomorrow, water is STILL 41! The minnows I bought were a little big, (smallest he had) but better than no bait. Maybe a Crappie or largemouth for a bonus. Guy caught a 7 lber Sat.

larry ipock

Its a little 55 acre city lake. Caught 9, I ain't got warm yet.
Used to fish Watts Bar all the time, just got tired of the trip back, especially nite trips. We always did our best when it was 52-56. Was down there last year, and saw the milfoil was back. Hope TVA leaves it alone.

WTM

SilverFox":3j63ducr said:
They are spraying it like mad in parts of the lake. There's still a good bit in areas... hoping they leave it alone too.

i hope they kill every bit of it, it doesnt belong here. 4 studies have proven that it can destroy populations of some species of fish and if left alone to spread it will reduce the size of largemouth bass.

SilverFox

For it to do that, you're talking about years and years of uncontrolled growth. Most of the negative press is coming from property owners who hate it growing in their shallow water coves.

The best bass lakes in the nation have it or some other form of plant life.

WTM

SilverFox":2dgq5hao said:
For it to do that, you're talking about years and years of uncontrolled growth. Most of the negative press is coming from property owners who hate it growing in their shallow water coves.

The best bass lakes in the nation have it or some other form of plant life.

small pockets of milfoil is beneficial, hydrilla is devestating to a lake. we had a milfoil problem on KY lake 3 years ago and all it took was 2 consecutive dry summers and TVA drawing more water. it was matted thick and then it was gone, probably from the rains and flooding in the spring. lol id rather fish yellow mustard than milfoil.

larry ipock

Theres a little 30-40 acre lake down the road from me. Was a great fishery, had milfoil in it. One of the homeowners got the bright idea to get grass carp, said the milfoil was ugly, and was difficult to fish. Tried to tell him that milfoil kept the pads in check. Long story short, milfoil is totally gone and pads have took over. I wonder how those grass carp are working out?????!!!

Latest posts