TARP Yellow Perch

CATCHDAWG

Didn't get to fish this year as much as I wanted. I think this was my fourth Perch trip this year. Finally broke the 11" mark!

Attachments

• 38DD1009-B01E-4B2D-8A3B-EB8C0435A76C.jpeg
    38DD1009-B01E-4B2D-8A3B-EB8C0435A76C.jpeg
    106.7 KB · Views: 1,221

CATCHDAWG

woodyard":acohqbtg said:
Nice one! What is the preferred baits for yellow perch?
My favorite go to by far is a Kastmaster spoon. I also catch a lot on Northland slurpies and panfish assassins. This particular one ate a Nikko hellgramite that I have just started using this year. That bait might very well become my favorite river bait. Not just for Perch but for any fish in the river, I've caught everything on them and did it when nothing else worked! (like today)

woodyard

I have caught a few on KY Lake before while fishing bream beds. This was on crickets. I was wondering what their preferreds were.
Since my son moved to NE Ohio, perch fishing might be in my future sometime.

Big Ben

Small crawfish and shiners work well up north for us. Was a small inline spinner name a Mic Lurch, single blade and single hook with different color beads in the shaft. Baited with small pieces of crawfish claw meat was a go to thing fished over weed beds or rock piles. Sure wish they would stock some near me, best eating fish that swims IMO. Commercial fishing about wipe them out of Lake Michigan to the point the limit went from none to 15 a day right as I moved back south.

always wanted to make a trip to Devil's Lake ND to fish thru the ice for them but never made it. 12 to 14 inch were common size there.

Latest posts