Yellow perch question

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
With the exception of KY Lake, in what seems like scattered and limited quantities, there is nowhere around here to catch the yellow perch.

I have caught two in my life, both about 4" long while bream fishing on KY Lake.
I see where TWRA stocks bass and sometimes shad in lakes around the area.

Would stocking Yellow Perch in, for example the TWRA family fishing lakes be something that might happen?
Would they survive in those types of lakes?

CATCHDAWG

I've been told Herb Parsons is full of them, but I can't verify. Are they really good to eat?
They are my favorite fish to eat! If you've ever had Walleye or Sauger then you know what Yellow perch taste like. They are all "true" perch. I was planning on catching a good mess this week but all the rain we've had derailed any kayak adventures for a while.

Smo

4DDD1EEA-DE7F-4EF5-A294-FED3846259C2.jpeg

A Friend of mine sent me this pic… from SW Wisconsin .. They are wearing them out right now up there!

I had a Friend several years ago that would wade fish small creeks and catch them in Wayne and Lawrence Counties however..

Last edited:

Chiflyguy

View attachment 114343
A Friend of mine sent me this pic… from SW Wisconsin .. They are wearing them out right now up there!

I had a Friend several years ago that would wade fish small creeks and catch them in Wayne and Lawrence Counties however..
Could be the Mississippi River.
Fished off a barge with my youngest and my nephew a few years ago south of LaCrosse. Pay a fee for the day and a boat drops you off at his fishing barge. 12-14 inch perch and oh so tasty.
When I was a kid, my dad, my brother and I would fish for them off Navy Pier in downtown Chicago.
Blacks, whites, Mexicans, pollacks, Chinese guys all fishin together and not a hint of trouble. Early 80's.
That's the Chicago I knew.
Here's a pic of my kid at a fishing barge in Genoa Wisconsin
I saw a lot of large perch caught. We ended up with about 20 that day and this walleye.

Attachments

• 0543F519-166E-4263-BF8A-91A2F9FEDE65.jpeg
    0543F519-166E-4263-BF8A-91A2F9FEDE65.jpeg
    111.9 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

Crow Terminator

If you're ever on this side of the state and want to go, give me a shout. I'll take you to yellow perch honey hole. Very easy to catch 100+ eating size in a short amount of time. I need to get new tires on my jon boat trailer and I plan on hitting it in October myself.

Chiflyguy