yellow creek pics....

corymhoward

here are some things found in yellow creek.

the big ones are implements i am told.

the points were found by my wifes uncle.

the round things...i have no idea.....can some one shed some light on these things....what could they be???
P7210193.jpg

P7210189.jpg

P7210194.jpg

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
You are being told right on the first two.
The round ones are probably some form of "bead" or button that they wore.

corymhoward

it was found in the creek bed itself along with all the other stuff. it was all found in one little area though. there is a tobacco field right off the creek i am trying to get permission to look in. there is no telling what it will yeild!

Cuttin Caller

Staff member
stovepipe, no lie I think ruger could find a needle in a hay stack. He has an eye for those things. He can find one small arrow head I mean small in a very large pile of rocks.
simply amazing.
I get to talk to a lot of artifacts hunters at work and everyone I have talked to, most of the hunting they do are in fields.
I'm not sure if ruger hunter fields or not but since this forum has been up all I have read from him he has walked creeks.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Aww it ain't that hard there turds.
Heck I gave you a free lesson and you ended up picking one up. :D

The key to looking in creeks is look for edges, points, bases and shapes, not rocks. :D

Cuttin Caller

Staff member
Yes you did and I tried to do exactly what you did that day every time I go to the creek.
Maybe though I am still looking for rocks and not edges and shapes

corymhoward

there is a trick to finding the quarters..........

you got to get way down in the couch and reach through all the other bullcrap that has found its way there over time. because the quarters will surely settle to the bottom and may become stuck in various gobs of things depending on the people who inhabit the site. when you find 16 of them you go to the gas station and trade them in for a gallon of gas!

Latest posts