Found this by a creek today

catman529

I was looking at some fresh deer tracks in the sand on the edge of a creek, thinking it looked like a good crossing point to set up and hunt sometime. This caught my eye - if only it were whole, it would have been a good one.

CIMG0723.jpg

catman529

Rockhound said:
CATCHDAWG said:
Still a good find, could be a impact fracture. Makes you wonder what broke it... ;)

It is interesting to wonder if that particular point ever killed an animal a.thousand years ago
I have thought of taking a good arrow point and putting it on an arrow and killing a deer with it. Maybe it's just me but if that could be pulled off, it would be cool killing a deer with a stone that may have killed one a very long time ago.

geezer

Good find catman! If you found it where I think you may have the area up around the baseball fields not too far away as a crow flies, was a pretty large Archaic site and there could be some great stuff around there but I was certain Id been everywhere :) around there! CONGRATS Bud!

catman529

geezer said:
Good find catman! If you found it where I think you may have the area up around the baseball fields not too far away as a crow flies, was a pretty large Archaic site and there could be some great stuff around there but I was certain Id been everywhere :) around there! CONGRATS Bud!
I have heard the same thing about the field behind the softball fields. I heard there have been tons of points found back there back when it was a crop field, which was before I lived in franklin. But this broken point I found was in maury county in a little creek bed. I should do more looking along the harpeth river though, I just don't spend enough time looking for rocks, I just find them when I stop somewhere and look at the ground.

Edit - I may have lost the point if it fell out my pocket somewhere, but if I can find it, you can have it if you want... I don't care too much for broken points

Latest posts