Worley may not play Saturday!

PalsPal

Still banged up.

I'm not sure how I feel about it. Worley seems to have regressed, gun shy maybe, and I don't really blame him. We've seen Peterman and it didn't look like he has shed the deer-in-headlight appearance, but at least he might run on the read option.

And I hate to burn Dobb's red shirt, but you got to do what is best for the team.

gator-n-buck

PalsPal said:
Still banged up.

I'm not sure how I feel about it. Worley seems to have regressed, gun shy maybe, and I don't really blame him. We've seen Peterman and it didn't look like he has shed the deer-in-headlight appearance, but at least he might run on the read option.

And I hate to burn Dobb's red shirt, but you got to do what is best for the team.

It's really not going to matter this weekend who's taking snaps behind that offensive line. I would rest Worley and save him for the last games to make a bowl bid.

gator-n-buck said:
PalsPal said:
Still banged up.

It's really not going to matter this weekend who's taking snaps behind that offensive line. I would rest Worley and save him for the last games to make a bowl bid.

I agree, even though I am thinking a the bowl bid will be missed by one game.

Bone Collector

gator-n-buck said:
PalsPal said:
Still banged up.

see we do agree on some football stuff :) this is exactly what i would do. It doesn't matter who plays for us, we are going to lose. Its ok. Lets just focus on beating SC, KY, MIZZU, and Vandy.
and yes all those games are winnable, regardless of what DA says. :grin:

THEdonkey0515

Yup Worley could not score in the Florida game or ole miss game, don't see him getting a few td's against bama. If they do play him I think they will run a lot more even if it does nothing. A lot more screens and quick slants . Don't see them calling to many down the field pass plays. I would set him and have him focus on the next four games that we could win.
But also his a senior this more then likely be his last 5 games of his life. he may want to play lol home game against a good bama team at 7:30 don't get much bigger then that as a vol football player in a regular season game. But then again if he plays he might not be able to play the next 4! Hard choice as a coach if the guy wants to be out there.

gator-n-buck

PalsPal said:
If Hurd and Lane were healthy, I'd run wildcat the whole game. Mix in a reverse here and there, and see what happens :D !

Fans aren't to big on the reverse after last week when a double reverse knocked UT out of scoring position. It's going to be a long Saturday and considering that FL has a bye week.... You guys will have to take the licking and figure out a way to bad mouth another team next week.... :D

farmin68

buckaroo said:
Put Dobbs in and let him run it

Nooo!!! Not worth burning a redshirt on your #3 QB in a game that UT should not win.
Besides, if he was the fix for UT's current problems he would be 6'5" & 335 lbs and playing on the O-line with three of his clones.

farmin68

Hangnail said:
Boy, this sure doesn't sound like a team on the rise. Sounds more like you're deciding who gets sacrificed.

Lol it does sound that way, but UT is certainly on the rise.

PalsPal

gator-n-buck said:
Fans aren't to big on the reverse after last week when a double reverse knocked UT out of scoring position. It's going to be a long Saturday and considering that FL has a bye week.... You guys will have to take the licking and figure out a way to bad mouth another team next week.... :D

Actually, it was a double reverse. If the first guy had kept it he would have been untouched for 20 yards. Surely he has that option!

BTW, I don't see the Gators scoring on Bye either ;) :D !

Latest posts