Without the college playoff, ...

Wrangler95

Vermin93":194emzgf said:
Wrangler95":194emzgf said:
Vermin93":194emzgf said:
In what fantasy, parallel universe do the Vols have 6 national championships? They have 2 real national championships, 1951 and 1998, and the 1951 championship really shouldn't even count.

You need to study up :rotf: :rotf:

Already did. The NCAA, which governs the sport, says the Vols have 2 national championships. The complete list from 1869 to 2013 is right here:

http://www.ncaa.com/history/football/fbs

Delusional Vol fans claim 6. The 4 other national championships that the Vols claim actually belong to:

1938: TCU
1940: Minnesota
1950: Oklahoma
1967: USC

In 1951, the Vols were awarded the national championship by the AP and UPI before the bowl games were played. They then played in the Sugar Bowl and got whipped by the undefeated Maryland Terrapins 28-13. So, the 1951 national championship is tainted.

If we are counting real national championships, then 1951 and 1998 are it for the Vols, and 1951 is tainted.

:pop:

:party: :super: :dance: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1298 ... dream-team

Wrangler95

Toenail":18d4cqsw said:
You'd be hardpressed to find normal Alabama fans that think this 2014 team was something to behold. You'll have to refresh my memory on the vol reign of terror you speak of. I seem to remember Florida being more of what you're remembering the vols being during.that period.

Alabama got exposed,plain and simple.If not for the playoffs,Alabama would have been in the NCG!!!

Vermin93

Wrangler95":3famyekf said:
Vermin93":3famyekf said:
Wrangler95":3famyekf said:
You need to study up :rotf: :rotf:

Already did. The NCAA, which governs the sport, says the Vols have 2 national championships. The complete list from 1869 to 2013 is right here:

http://www.ncaa.com/history/football/fbs

Delusional Vol fans claim 6. The 4 other national championships that the Vols claim actually belong to:

1938: TCU
1940: Minnesota
1950: Oklahoma
1967: USC

In 1951, the Vols were awarded the national championship by the AP and UPI before the bowl games were played. They then played in the Sugar Bowl and got whipped by the undefeated Maryland Terrapins 28-13. So, the 1951 national championship is tainted.

If we are counting real national championships, then 1951 and 1998 are it for the Vols, and 1951 is tainted.

:pop:

:party: :super: :dance: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1298 ... dream-team

I post the official NCAA records and you post an article by Vol homer Daniel Hudson. :rotf:

If we use Vol math, Notre Dame has 22 national championships and Alabama has 19, and Princeton and Yale lead everyone with 28 and 27, respectively.

Every time you see, hear or read "NCAA", just remember that according to them, the Vols have 2 real national championships. Look at it this way, it could be worse. A few schools only have 1 and most schools have 0.

Wrangler95

Guess you have never been to Neyland Stadium,the 6 National Championships are around the stadium for all to see!I know it hurts Vol haters,probably hurts also for Tennessee being recognized as a all-time top ten football power.As a matter fact,Tennessee and Alabama are the only two SEC teams in the top ten!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Vermin93

Wrangler95":3d3e2009 said:
Guess you have never been to Neyland Stadium,the 6 National Championships are around the stadium for all to see!I know it hurts Vol haters,probably hurts also for Tennessee being recognized as a all-time top ten football power.As a matter fact,Tennessee and Alabama are the only two SEC teams in the top ten!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Yep, like I said, delusional Vol fans believe they have 6 national championships. Posting it around the stadium helps brainwash the fans into believing it. The NCAA and most of the rest of the college football world realize that the Vols have 2 real national championships and 4 others that were handed out by some fly-by-night organizations.

They call it "NCAA Football" for a reason, and the NCAA says the Vols have 2, 1951 and 1998.

I wonder what you would say if Alabama was awarded the 2014 national championship before they played Ohio State....because that's what happened with the Vols in 1951. :rotf:

Latest posts