Without the college playoff, ...

PalsPal

huntintn":1uyzimxb said:
I really think TCU could have beaten 3 of the top 4.

I agree.

I was just basing it on the most likely scenario under the old system.

It makes you wonder how prior years would have played out had we had the playoff system those years.

Wrangler95

Alabama and Florida St the weakest teams in the playoffs.TCU would beat all of teams in the playoff with the exception of Oregon and might beat Oregon.As most know,I called Alabama out,should have lost five games.Is Alabama dynasty over,I think so.In the near future,I think Tennessee will rule the SEC

Toenail

The vols will rule the SEC? Please liquidate all of your assets and plunk it down on that epic homer thought. They need to win the East or at least be in the hunt before such assertions can be taken seriously. As it stands, it's just plain humor.

Mudbone

Wrangler95":2sbguwah said:
Alabama and Florida St the weakest teams in the playoffs.TCU would beat all of teams in the playoff with the exception of Oregon and might beat Oregon.As most know,I called Alabama out,should have lost five games.Is Alabama dynasty over,I think so.In the near future,I think Tennessee will rule the SEC

im with you wrangler. UT will trade spots with Alabama as the nations premier college football program. Probably next year but definately by 2016.

Wrangler95

Toenail":7f2yjopg said:
The vols will rule the SEC? Please liquidate all of your assets and plunk it down on that epic homer thought. They need to win the East or at least be in the hunt before such assertions can be taken seriously. As it stands, it's just plain humor.

The Vols have done it before,six National Championships,many SEC Championships,all time top ten football program,what's not to like about the Vols on the rise,great coach and recruiter,now #3 recruiting class in the nation,#5 recruiting class in the nation last year.I'm sure it disturbs fans of other teams but the Vols will be on top again,very near :party: :party:

The problem with a lot of people,that don't have enough faith or they are afraid of what Tennessee is doing over in Knoxville

THEdonkey0515

Does the playoffs make it harder or easier to win a N/C?? If you finish the regular season ranked 1 or 2 like bama seems to do it makes it harder right since no longer will you just jump to the N/C but have to face a top 3 or 4 team first like bama had to do this year and for beat.

But if your a program like TCU, Baylor, teams that don't have a hard schedule but win 11 or 12 games and finished ranked 4 or so you now have a chance. When in the past you had none.

I'm guessing Bama, saban and kiffin are Not liking the playoffs right now:/

Vermin93

In what fantasy, parallel universe do the Vols have 6 national championships? They have 2 real national championships, 1951 and 1998, and the 1951 championship really shouldn't even count.

Wrangler95

THEdonkey0515":txc2qjf7 said:
Does the playoffs make it harder or easier to win a N/C?? If you finish the regular season ranked 1 or 2 like bama seems to do it makes it harder right since no longer will you just jump to the N/C but have to face a top 3 or 4 team first like bama had to do this year and for beat.

But if your a program like TCU, Baylor, teams that don't have a hard schedule but win 11 or 12 games and finished ranked 4 or so you now have a chance. When in the past you had none.

I'm guessing Bama, saban and kiffin are Not liking the playoffs right now:/

Of course Alabama don't like the playoff,it exposes them.Like someone said before,Alabama would be in the championship game if not for the playoff

Wrangler95

Vermin93":pn5msw0u said:
In what fantasy, parallel universe do the Vols have 6 national championships? They have 2 real national championships, 1951 and 1998, and the 1951 championship really shouldn't even count.

You need to study up :rotf: :rotf:

Vermin93

Wrangler95":2pd1unvo said:
Vermin93":2pd1unvo said:

You need to study up :rotf: :rotf:

Already did. The NCAA, which governs the sport, says the Vols have 2 national championships. The complete list from 1869 to 2013 is right here:

http://www.ncaa.com/history/football/fbs

Delusional Vol fans claim 6. The 4 other national championships that the Vols claim actually belong to:

1938: TCU
1940: Minnesota
1950: Oklahoma
1967: USC

In 1951, the Vols were awarded the national championship by the AP and UPI before the bowl games were played. They then played in the Sugar Bowl and got whipped by the undefeated Maryland Terrapins 28-13. So, the 1951 national championship is tainted.

If we are counting real national championships, then 1951 and 1998 are it for the Vols, and 1951 is tainted.

:pop:

Toenail

You'd be hardpressed to find normal Alabama fans that think this 2014 team was something to behold. You'll have to refresh my memory on the vol reign of terror you speak of. I seem to remember Florida being more of what you're remembering the vols being during.that period.

Latest posts