WIlliamsport WMA

TN hunter

I have noticed that there are turkeys still being killed on this WMA even though the WMA is closed to turkey hunting.
This WMA only has 3 hunts then closes for the rest of the season. How does the TWRA address those harvesting turkeys on the WMA when it's not open to hunting. I guess folks just don't read the regulations because it clearly states the dates that the WMA is open to hunting. Last year I was driving by one of the gates to the WMA a couple of weeks after the last hunt and saw a vehicle from another county parked at the gate. I saw the guy standing beside his vehicle with his gun and decoys and I asked if he knew the WMA was closed. He acted like I was crazy. I said you might want to check the regulations for the WMA , he then said that he just looked up WMA's in TN on OnX app and drove there. I guess this happens more than we know. I just wonder if the TWRA follows up with the person who checks in that turkey for that WMA or does it get overlooked?

PossumSlayer

2-Step Enabled
I have noticed that there are turkeys still being killed on this WMA even though the WMA is closed to turkey hunting.
This WMA only has 3 hunts then closes for the rest of the season. How does the TWRA address those harvesting turkeys on the WMA when it's not open to hunting. I guess folks just don't read the regulations because it clearly states the dates that the WMA is open to hunting. Last year I was driving by one of the gates to the WMA a couple of weeks after the last hunt and saw a vehicle from another county parked at the gate. I saw the guy standing beside his vehicle with his gun and decoys and I asked if he knew the WMA was closed. He acted like I was crazy. I said you might want to check the regulations for the WMA , he then said that he just looked up WMA's in TN on OnX app and drove there. I guess this happens more than we know. I just wonder if the TWRA follows up with the person who checks in that turkey for that WMA or does it get overlooked?
What I saw on the website it is open..

30-06 type of guy

What I saw on the website it is open..
06095898-46D1-4A17-94BC-CC5E04230DAA.jpeg

catman529

It has always had 3 hunts. Juvi weekend, opening 4 days, and then 4 days two weeks later. it's not been open since the last hunt in mid-April.