Will TN Forestry Burn?

PickettSFHunter

Will the TN forestry guys conduct a burn for you for a fee? I've been trying to contact our local forester but I'm not having any luck so far. Thought maybe someone here had experience. I have burn experience but this particular location requires some help and equipment so I'm willing to hire it out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MickThompson

Some will, some won't. It is up to the county personnel, their staffing level, and the wildfire conditions. Can you get by with putting in hand or blower lines instead of dozer lines? What are you trying to burn?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PickettSFHunter

MickThompson":3dnvmvym said:
Some will, some won't. It is up to the county personnel, their staffing level, and the wildfire conditions. Can you get by with putting in hand or blower lines instead of dozer lines? What are you trying to burn?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
just about 15 acres of hardwoods in the center of my property. Logging roads can be a break on 3 sides but 1 side would need a break. I have done this with a backpack blower before on small spots. Problem is, I have no help and certainly am not comfortable with that size of area alone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mid-Tenn

Yes, but it's dependent on several factors. Best bet is to contact your regional office.
I work with some guys at the fire dept who are seasonal employees and they just did a burn on a farm just down the road from my house.
About 75 acres of fields that were covered in sage grass, blackberry, and saw briar.
When they lit it off it looked like the Napalm strike from every war movie that you've ever seen.

Latest posts