Wildgame Innovations card reader.

TheAirMan

I've got a wildgame innovations card reader for android I got last year for checking cards on my phone. It worked fine last year. I simply put the card in it and plugged it in my phone. It would pop up that it was connected and I just clicked on it to view the pics. It's has stopped working on my phone. It works the way it always has on my wife's phone. Now when I plug it in mine, it says charging connected device by USB port. I can click on that and it gives me the option to use the phone to control the device. However, when I tell it to do that, it says it cant. Anyone got any ideas?

cbhunter

I don't care what brand it is, I've found those little card readers are good for about a year and that's it. I just ordered my forth one last week.I've tried a few diff brands but they all suck

Gobble4me757

Honestly, buy the Apple sd-phone card reader for 10$ off Amazon…I have two of them and have worked flawlessly for years…I can delete pics and all at ease from my phone

TheAirMan

I honestly wasn't expecting much when I bought it. While it had always worked, it was aggravating because you couldn't scroll through the pictures. You had to click on one to see it, then click back and go back and click the next one. It took forever and was hard to keep up with which picture you were on sometimes. That being said I thought it was probably more so something with my phone than the reader since it worked fine on my wife's phone. I guess I'll have to find something else.

BSK

I don't care what brand it is, I've found those little card readers are good for about a year and that's it. I just ordered my forth one last week.I've tried a few diff brands but they all suck
This. I swear, I've gone through more card readers. I'm seriously considering getting a tablet to look at pictures in the field. Using my phone isn't cutting it.

Mr.Bro

You guys need to check out the Low Down Card Reader.
9in screen scan your card and down load to another card. Save maybe 1 or 2 pics out of a hundred. Delete and format over.
Then take your save card home and download a few of your best pics instead of hundreds or thousands.

Good luck to all!

cbhunter

Honestly, buy the Apple sd-phone card reader for 10$ off Amazon…I have two of them and have worked flawlessly for years…I can delete pics and all at ease from my phone
I tried that route but could never get my phone to pull pics off sd card. I probably still have it somewhere. Is there so trick to it? This had been several years ago

BSK

You guys need to check out the Low Down Card Reader.
9in screen scan your card and down load to another card. Save maybe 1 or 2 pics out of a hundred. Delete and format over.
Then take your save card home and download a few of your best pics instead of hundreds or thousands.

Good luck to all!
Delete pictures??? Are you insane?!!!! ;)

I keep every picture/video and save them to a massive portable backup drive to keep from filling my PC's hard drive.

Madbowh

I've got a wildgame innovations card reader for android I got last year for checking cards on my phone. It worked fine last year. I simply put the card in it and plugged it in my phone. It would pop up that it was connected and I just clicked on it to view the pics. It's has stopped working on my phone. It works the way it always has on my wife's phone. Now when I plug it in mine, it says charging connected device by USB port. I can click on that and it gives me the option to use the phone to control the device. However, when I tell it to do that, it says it cant. Anyone got any ideas?
I use the same one and that started popping up on me. I go to files and it shows SD card clock on that and I'm in. Sometimes if I just wait a minute the SD card will pop up under where it shows charging connected. It's fine just search around you'll find out how to open it

Mr.Bro

Scheels is still offering $70 gift card with approved Visa card.
Don't normally do that but $70 off something I'm going to buy anyway?
It's a no Brainerd.
Good luck guys.

BSK

Does it require internet? I've got a chromebook that works GREAT for checking cards until I'm out of wifi range, then it does nothing.
You can use them standalone, IF they have onboard storage. Some tablets have no internal memory, and the operating system comes from the cloud via wifi.

Trnr

OP, I had a similar issue when running an Android device. Long story short the phone updated itself and the new Android version changed a bunch of the USB options. I had resorted to carrying a laptop with me into the woods until I switched over to an iPhone. Not saying the version IS the problem, but I'd start by seeing what version you have and asking Jeeves….I mean Dr. Google 😂

Latest posts